This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Creating a Flash/facebook game or a iPhone App/Game?
02-24-2014, 09:52 PM
Creating a Flash/facebook game or a iPhone App/Game?
Hello,
I recently asked what I needed to know to program/create a Flash/facebook game or an iPhone App/Game, and thanks to Gamevil Press for replying with the specific programming information.

I was just wondering if I would need more, considering I'm at level 0 at programming. I'm also planning to run this alone. I'm planning to create a facebook game or/and an iPhone Game/App independently, in this case, will I need more than only the knowledge of programming, like design and anything to put the programming and everything else together to create the entire Application?

Do I also need to contact Facebook or Apple if I release anything for them, and if so, how do I? How do I set everything up once I'm done? Smile

Also, I was wondering considering everything I will need for the project, how long do you estimate it will take me to learn everything I need for the project, seeing I have currently no knowledge ( But I am determined to learn and run the project ), and how long to make the Application itself?

Thank you very much,
Damian

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2014, 09:54 PM

You need to be able to do logic, algebra, and geometry. You need to learn the languages (flash for flash games and C++ for iPhone I think...). Then you need graphics. You could used Paint.NET for that. Google it. If you're no good at graphics, ask someone else over the internet. Then you need sound. I haven't used any audio editing software myself so I can't help you there.... Anyways, you could get started by programming for the DS. There's relatively simple program called DS Game Maker that you could use. http://www.dsgamemaker.com As for learning programming languages, it would be a good idea to take a class on it. It takes a very, very long time to make a game that's any good. It takes huge teams of over 50 skilled programmers more than a year to make the games you find in stores. Don't be expecting to make anything too fancy on your first go. As for contacting Facebook or Apple, this may also be difficult. Rather than contacting Facebook, you'll want to contact someone who already has a Facebook app for flash games. And for Apple, you may need to pay for a license. Or just sign up for the app store as a developer. As I said before, DS Game Maker can be a good start, you don't need to know the language but it helps you get used to the logic and everything else that is needed to make a quality application. There's also a forum on DSGM that you can use to get help from other users. My username on the DSGM forums is Bobbyloujo, just in case you are interested. Good Luck!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply