This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Will the Social Networking Trend ever end?
02-24-2014, 09:53 PM
Will the Social Networking Trend ever end?
I'm really sick of people using Facebook etc. It's making people antisocial and paranoid.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2014, 09:55 PM

For me, NEVER. It is not just because of sassy teenage girls posting slutty pics all over the web, but because it can actually help people connect with other people conveniently and for free. It also helps businesses get a head start to reach people all over the world, reconnect people who lost track of each other, help us kill time via games/other stuff, and the list goes on...

Like it or not, this new generation is already taken over by Social Networking. And I don't have any problems about it. Big Grin

Ads

02-24-2014, 10:01 PM

It's already on the decline, the sales of NON smart-phones are on the rise(old school Nokia's have seen a major boom in sales), Facebook is out of favor by most kids, Twitter has Millions of Passive-users.

So yes, especially with the new 'copyright law' in a lot of Countries, that makes things like streaming extra-difficult, will cause a big reduction in online activity.
02-24-2014, 10:11 PM

Social Networking is freedom of speech for some.
02-24-2014, 10:20 PM

End? I have my doubts of it ever ending because humans are social creatures and love the connection and networking it provides, but the platforms used will always switch after a certain period of time.

Like for example, everyone use to use Myspace once upon a time... then people started to switch over to Facebook when they took out the restrictions for it being just for College students . And now Facebook is slowly dwindling, and people are using more Instagram and Twitter.

I haven't used my facebook in over a year. It's incredibly freeing. I think it gives way too much information into other people's lives than is needed. People do so much stalking and less talking. I am happy with my choice of letting it go, and I think more and more people are also seeing that, too.