This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
share links on my website?
02-24-2014, 09:55 PM
share links on my website?
O.K, so basically, me and my friends decided to make a website. the main feature of the website is having your own "room" that you and your friends can share links, pictures and videos by posting them in your own "room". However, the only problem is, we no next to nothing about code, so we are using a website builder, its not like one of those online ones, where you pay, its a pre-downloaded program. we just cant figure out how to add a news-feed sort of thing, its like Facebook, but its more personal for you and a few friends, so we want a custom news-feed/wall that people post things to. Is this possible?! is there a HTML widget code thing i can embed? or will i need to learn code and make my own custom coded website?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2014, 10:04 PM

At first I thought your best bet would be something like WordPress if someone had a plugin that would do what you want.

However, if you want to get this up and running quickly, you could do some simple hand coding but it won't look pretty like Facebook.

If you're looking at having a main page with links to individual pages then that's easy enough to do with what you have. Just set up something like this:

<ul>
<li>Stories</li>
<li> (link to website) </li>
</ul>

That sets up an unordered list, which means it's a list without numbers but it has bullets instead.

You'll have to add those by hand though, that's the drawback.

The links below may be of some use to what you're trying to do.

Feel free to hit me up if you have any more questions =)

Hope that helps!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply