This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is 500MB of internet data good for a iPhone 5c?
02-24-2014, 10:11 PM
Is 500MB of internet data good for a iPhone 5c?
Yesterday I bought an iPhone 5c on pay monthly the contract is £33 a month and this includes 500MB of internet. I only use the internet for Facebook, Instagram and BBM, I mainly use texts etc but I have unlimited texts which I'm happy about. I was just wondering if 500MB is good enough for me?
I recently finished my contract on a blackberry and that came with 500MB or 1GB of data and I never went over. I seemed to use that a lot as well! But I also have wi-fi wherever I go (home, work, grandparents) the only time I'll be using my network data is when traveling or shopping. Thank you.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2014, 10:17 PM

Sure. You just have to make sure that you only use data when you really need it, and make sure to turn it off after your done using it. One way to conserve internet data is to go into the Settings -> Cellular option and individually turn on data for each app then turn it off for that app when your done while leaving the data on, This means you can still use imessage and receive notifications without using data for all of your apps.

Ads

02-24-2014, 10:22 PM

500MB of data is good for primarily checking email and reading the news online. If you are going to stream any videos or be on Facbook, or any graphic intense sites, for a considerable amount of time, I would suggest at least 2GB of data. Also, consider updating your browser to the latest version of Chrome. It is optimized for bandwidth management, which helps you better manage your data allowance.