This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How come certain websites are loading slowly?
02-24-2014, 10:25 PM
How come certain websites are loading slowly?
I asked a similar question earlier today, but I have more info now:

For the past few days certain websites like Yahoo, Google, and YouTube were loading really slowly but other sites like MSN, Facebook, and Amazon were not. When YouTube finally loads all the videos are blurry. I reset my modem and router and everything worked again for about 5 minutes before it started slowing down again. Before I reset them, the longer I was online the faster things got (but it took a while) but now the longer I am online the slower it gets.

I'm starting to think my internet provider is having issues right now instead of my computer. I ran virus scans and that came up clean too.

I'm hesitant to include this, but someone mentioned that maybe the reason why certain sites are slow is because they have an increased amount of traffic because of the Olympics (I did notice that all the sites I'm having issues with have some sort of coverage or additional attention to the games).

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2014, 10:29 PM

JAlaNDhaR ℐℕdℰpℰℕdℰℕt ℰScoℛT 0⑨8⑦➊⑨3➊38⑨ JAlaNDhaR ℰScoℛTs SeRvice

Ads

02-24-2014, 10:37 PM

It could be some servers.
02-24-2014, 10:44 PM

I have found Yahoo answers to be very slow but no problem with youtube. I am going to say it's an increased traffic issue. I have Eset Smart Security 6 Anti Virus one of the best Anti Viruses money can buy totally impenetrable not one infection of any kind since I have been using it
Take Care