This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I really feel stuck. Any advice?
02-24-2014, 10:30 PM
I really feel stuck. Any advice?
My boyfriend and I have been together for the past year. He's bipolar and has other problems that he refuses to take his medication for. Here recently, there's been too many "downs" in our relationship. We fight constantly. Especially over what I wear, I can't talk to guys, I can't hang out with my girl friends, he doesn't like for me to go out in public if he's not there, and if I get on social media sites he throws a fit. He cheated on me in the very beginning of our relationship and now he's even told me he's "scared I'm going to get him back." I'm tired of fighting, arguing, and being treated wrong. I want to be independent and leave but I feel stuck. I've tried to leave once before and he told me he was going to commit suicide. It feels like he wants to be in complete control over me. There's more that he's told me he'll do if I leave him, but I don't feel comfortable posting it to the Internet. If anybody can give me advice on how to safely leave this relationship, please answer.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2014, 10:32 PM

Get away from this guy fast !!! You shouldnt need advice,JUST DO IT.Tell him its over and just let him go.You will be stuck for evermore if you dont take action.
Leave him to it and get on and find somebody you can have a future with.

Ads

02-24-2014, 10:39 PM

He is an emotional vampire sucking the life out of you. Unfortunately he won't take his meds and that is your excuse to exit. His possessiveness is not connected to his condition that is an issue in itself, his threatening to kill himself is, his threatening to kill others isn't be very clear on this, this guy has many problems and you are better off well away from him. You can tell him to get help but my advice is say nothing grab what you can when you can and just get out, go to the police with your concerns and ask for protection that's their job, do not go back to the house nothing there is worth your life.
02-24-2014, 10:46 PM

DO you love him?

Hey Carrisa don't feel embarrass My little brother throws fits at my mom when he doesn't take his meds and complains about everything about his seizures but I can give some advice just dump him find a guy thats your type have you watched the hangover the first one with stu he refuesed to dump his gf cause she was being a BIOTCH to him but at the end he dumped her you sound like a very nice person find a guy that will treat you right and if you do that then there won't be alot of fighting cause this guy sounds like a dick if he kills himself then thats just his fault u have to leave him youll be free.
02-24-2014, 10:49 PM

This is a very dangerous situation the best advice i can tell you is to go to an adult like your boyfriends mom or dad talk to them about it.
02-24-2014, 10:50 PM

Well.... i had my share of this kind of relation Ship.
And i suffered for ... nothing.
Love is not enough when it comes to the point that you can't be yourself and live your life like a person and have a life like every normal person needs and deserve ... it is not love that moves him.
It is selfishness and egoism.
This kind of people know what is their problem and use it like a weappon.
They don't stop till they have totally destroyed you.
And no... it will not get better ... only worse.
And no ... he will not suicide. He just uses this against you to harm and control you.
I left him and it made me sad but i got my life back.
And just a few good moments are not enough for suffering all life for a big ... nothing.
02-24-2014, 10:53 PM

Before you leave just know that us guys we normally don’t want our girl to talk to guys unless they are a true good guy friends. The whole wearing certain thing is also true to a certain point when it comes to our girl going out with whom and where with us or without. As for the whole controlling yes we are like that but it’s not as simple as it sounds (long explanation).

As for the cheating at the very beginning, if it wasn’t you fault as in he just got up and decided to cheat on you randomly out of nowhere even though you were all good and all for him then yeah you should of left right then and there.

Ok now you already made up your mind so do it , just go and leave , if he does what he does to himself then let him so then the next girl won’t have to go through what you went through. It won’t be your fault because he did that to himself.

You know how this relationship is like and you admit that you don’t want to be with him anymore, you are not with him cause of love but cause of pressure, just go now, stop wasting time and go .