This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to become Instagram famous?
02-24-2014, 10:35 PM
How to become Instagram famous?
So I have a tumblr related account where I take selfie a, kind of like a tumblr girl? I post inspirational stuff and selfies ya know haha on Instagram and I see other girls who do that have like thousands of followers. How can I get more followers and become a "tumblr girl on Instagram"??

(Btw my IG is: @uhmimolivia )

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2014, 10:40 PM

Developing Community:
Link your Instagram account to Facebook. You most likely have a set number of friends who would be willing to follow you. This will help you get started.
You should also consider geo-tagging and linking with FourSquare.
Follow other Instagramers. Make sure you are commenting and liking photos every time you go onto Instagram. It is very hard to become popular on Instagram without encouraging and trading likes with others.
Respond to the people who comment on your photos. Use their name and start a conversation. You will earn more fans this way.
Congratulate other people on their success. Treat Instagram like a community, not a competition.
Join contests. Contests are an excellent way to engage with the Instagram community, while promoting your own photos.
Use hashtags. Pay attention to what is trending and place hashtags on all of your photos. Usually hashtags are supposed to be relevant to what the picture is about. More people will see the photo and comment while it is trending.
Using hashtags such as #instagood, #picoftheday, #likeitup, etc. will help you to get more followers and likes.
Pictures:

Learn the Instagram application as well as possible. Become a pro by taking as many photos as possible and using the filters. A famous Instagramer is usually someone who knows how to manipulate their photos in the best possible way.
Consider downloading a photo editor app. iPhone users may want to use Snapseed or Colorsplash, while Android users may want to use PicsSay Pro or PicsPlay Pro. Edit your photo before you use filters.
Always attribute your photos as edited photos. You will reduce the chances of having angry fans if you are honest about your skills and the changes you make.
Take hundreds of photos. You should not post them all, but you will not get famous if you do not post photos at least a few times a week.
As with traditional photography, there is an element of "practice makes perfect" with Instagram photography. You can only improve by using the app regularly and trying new things.
Write humorous or sincere captions. Be playful, but informative.
Get artsy. Experiment and get creative with your photos. Try a new angle, a color combination and/or a model in your photos.
Get personal. If you blog or have a different online presence, post something different on your Instagram account. Let people get to know another side of you, so your social media profiles can work together but be novel.

Hope this helps love! And thank you for answering my questionღ

Ads

02-24-2014, 10:49 PM

getting followers on IG just kind of happens after a while. on one of mine, within six months i had 2000 followers, but it's different for everyone depending on whether ur public/private. (i hope that answered the followers question xxx)

to b a tumblr girl, u have to take tons of pictures in the right place at the right time to get a single 'decent' shot, which is hard to do. i've heard that girls who r tumblr girls now took two yrs+ just finding places to take the tumblr-quality pics. to b classified as a 'tumblr girl', u have to have everything be so perfect that it seems un-natural, which makes me think tumblr girls r somewhat fake and use a tonnnn of filters and airbrushes or whatever idk. i bet if u keep trying and taking pics with a good quality camera and find artsy opportunities, you'll get there eventually. remember--u can repost tumblr girl pics that look like u... lol k maybe not but u know...

xxx
alexis
@alexislovesllamas_ on instaaaa
02-24-2014, 10:51 PM

First of all, I wouldn't exactly call inspirational stuff and selfies a "tumblr girl" thing, since there are many different fields of tumblr ha.

Second, I'd say take lots of pictures, but not so many you're over-bearing. Edit them to be creepily pretty, then post them with some cute, funny, or nice caption. Also, people hate shoutouts, keep that in mind! Of course, you usually have to shout out to get a shout out, so just keep it to a minimum.
02-24-2014, 10:59 PM

I have a successful IG with 7.3k followers. The main idea is to be patient and to use hashtags. Don't follow over 1k people. Have a cute and catchy insta username. Follow some of the tumblr-insta girls ! I wouldn't follow random people. I follow Acacia and Alina and a few boys. I get about 220 likes per picture. Be nice to your followers and be hipster. Make tumblr looking pictures. I use MagicHour the app for my selfies. Acacia Brinley uses Camera360. If you have any questions, ask on my 1D fanpage @thatirishladniall . I would love to answer anything else !
02-24-2014, 11:01 PM

im awk0cheerio i have like 31k, i could help you if you want!