This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is A School Administration Monitoring A Facebook Account? Opinions, Please.?
02-24-2014, 11:00 PM
Is A School Administration Monitoring A Facebook Account? Opinions, Please.?
I live in America, but everyone on American Yahoo Answers was being useless and I wanted to get an opinion that was NOT moronic, so I thusly came here.
Anyway, There's this Facebook account claiming to be the mascot for my old high school (The mascot is "Rocky Raccoon" of the "Cooneys". Yes, I know it's racist. Not saying I'm proud of it.) Anyway, a friend and I have been browsing over this account's wall and we really don't think a student is running the account. Call us paranoid, but we think it's the school administration trying to monitor student's Facebook. Here are our reasons:
-The statuses flip-flop between being grammatically correct and incorrect. It looks like how adults like to type when they're trying to be "hip".
-The kid won't state his name on Facebook even though he claims to be running the account.
-The interests cover a very broad spectrum of interests, as if he/she is trying to identify with ALL students.
-The school administration has been trying to monitor Facebook accounts for quite some time. They've already made all students get mandatory Twitter accounts and monitor those. It's not a real leap of faith to believe that they're trying to monitor everyone in the school's network.

These obviously are not facts, but suspicions, which is why we're here trying to get other opinions. Here's the link at the bottom for you to have a look yourself if you can. Please give a polite and honest opinion. Thank you and I appreciate it.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001840822725

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2014, 11:03 PM

I read the first paragraph........... I'm in the American Y!A.

Sorry for the moronic answer, bro.

Ads

02-24-2014, 11:08 PM

I assume that you want to friend this account to know what might be going on with your school. If you are suspicious the maybe you should just de-friend them.

Schools really shouldn't monitor students accounts and teachers and students shouldn't be connected. Outside of school student need safe places to exchange ideas and vent about their day. Large school districts have a clear policy on these type of things, if you want to go further research what other school do and find a policy that is spelled out to protect your privacy. Get involved in student government and start a petition to get a good policy adopted and agreed to by the school

Good luck.
02-24-2014, 11:08 PM

It is of course conceivable that the school could use a fake account to link with students, once you make friends with this account they will have access to everything you share on Facebook.

You could test the theory by creating a new "fake" Facebook account and post some random bollocks up about 2 teachers having an affair, or someone at school dealing drugs etc.
lol
02-24-2014, 11:13 PM

Wait wait wait... your school MADE all students get Twitter accounts? I'd tell them to go f*** themselves. What are they going to do? Expel you?