This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My friend want me to get facebook, twitter, and instaram?
02-24-2014, 11:03 PM
My friend want me to get facebook, twitter, and instaram?
They know i dont want one, they know i hate those sites but they dont understand why i dont want one! The sites are stupid and they dont do anything for me and i dont want to get bullied because im not emotionally stable (im in therapy for depression) and the next thing my friends know is i killed myself because people were saying im ugly or something! I dont want that to happen and my friends cant understand that!

P.S. they dont know im not emotionally stable, i dont want to tell them

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2014, 11:07 PM

You didn't really ask a question. Just tell them you don't want to use social media, you don't need to give a reason. If they pressure you for one, just say you don't want to deal with the hassle of it all. They can't force you to sign up or use it.

Ads

02-24-2014, 11:12 PM

I went through a similar situation before. Years ago, I used to be on social networks all the time, but I had a bad experience using them. I no longer use them. I understand how you feel. It is your choice to decide whether or not you want to deal with social networks, people can't force you.
02-24-2014, 11:13 PM

I don't think they're right for you. I had a couple of close friends in primary, but when high school came around, one of them started sitting with another girl and I think it was because I looked nerdy or un-cool. She couldn't change me just like I couldn't change her. Your friends can't persuade you to get social networking sites, and if they don't know about your emotional state, they probably aren't the right friends for you. Even though now I'm not nerdy looking, we still wouldn't hit it off.

Smile xo