This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I erase my online identity?
02-24-2014, 11:21 PM
How can I erase my online identity?
I am worried about how much information about me could possibly be available on the internet because of website accounts, so I want to make my existence on the internet completely invisible. If somebody Googles me, I don't want anything about me to come up. If somebody wants to find out where I live or how to contact me, they can't find anything. If somebody looks up my personal info, I want there to be nothing on me. In other words, I want it to be like I never even existed on the internet. I had Facebook and Twitter accounts under different names that I only used to see what I could do on those sites and didn't post any info on, which I deleted. I had an account on a Harry Potter RPG, which has been inactive for over 2 years and has probably been deleted. I had a Nick account, which I deleted. And of course, there's my Yahoo account, on which I will delete my answers profile, erase any info, but save for email. Anything else I can do? Thanks.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2014, 11:28 PM

Too late- the information you have given to all those websites now belongs to those websites. It is a give and take situation- In order to use most websites, they require information. The best way to "make yourself invisible" on the internet is to not use the internet.

Ads

02-24-2014, 11:29 PM

If you use internet explorer, click on tools, internet options, then delete browsing history.

You can then click on tools, in-private browsing to stop any more information from being stored.
02-24-2014, 11:32 PM

Google yourself and find out what is out there on you. Use all the search engines available and do the same. Try to remember the sites you used to release any of your information. Contact any sites needed and ask them to remove this information about you. Then, buy a good privacy software to prevent you from releasing personal information, plus cleans up your hard drive of your personal and your temporary data. Good Luck, the best idea is not to put stuff out there from the beginning.