This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is this the way a relationship is suppose to be?
02-24-2014, 11:23 PM
Is this the way a relationship is suppose to be?
First off, I feel so ashamed for coming on here to vent. I literally have no one to talk too or no one that could hear me out, so yahoo answers is my only resort. I'm so depressed these days and here's why.

I've been knowing my current boyfriend for about 3 years now, but we've only been official for 9 months to a year off and on. In the beginning everything was perfect, but now he's controlling, physically and verbally abusive and because of his recent ways and rages, when he have sex I can't even get aroused/wet and it's embarrassing and surely a turn off for him but it's the truth. Every time we have sex my vagina hurts horribly. He gets angry afterwards and throws these hissy fits, today he questioned me about contacts of people in my phone and he banged my head into the tv and then started laughing afterwards. He feels like he needs to go everywhere with me.

My mother is currently mad at me because I spend weeks at a time with my boyfriend just to prove to him that I'm not cheating and that's never enough because the accusations continue and it's depressing that someone I loved at some point doubts me. So she isn't talking to me and I don't have friends or a social life without him speculating and accusing me. When he inboxes girls on Facebook and follows them on twitter. It's really annoying and he steals my phone from me and won't give it back. I'm only 18 and very afraid...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2014, 11:35 PM

This way is very good. You can continue with this. Not an issue.

Ads

02-24-2014, 11:51 PM

Break up with him, that's not how a relationship is supposed to work
02-24-2014, 11:57 PM

dear, time to say goodbye and find a new bf
02-25-2014, 12:07 AM

Too many personal details aren&#x27;t relevant
But your only 18
My goodness your just a young girl
And you don&#x27;t need this in your life
Your bf sounds very destructive and negative
You need to be away from that
Or you may inherit this for many years to come if you don&#x27;t respect yourself
You may think this is love right now
But love doesn&#x27;t get angry or enraged
02-25-2014, 12:19 AM

it's obvious. Leave him, break up with him. think about your future with him, he's a conceited jerk for hurting you physically...and verbally. sometimes, people just can't break up with their lovers cuz they either love them even if they act that way or they are scared.
it's your choice, im just stating my opinion. if you want to break up with him, try it in a public place, because he might hurt you.. good luck.
...thats what I'd do if i were you, he doesn't deserve a girlfriend!
02-25-2014, 12:26 AM

Get out of that relationship now! Right now. No one should ever feel that way in a relationship. Sure many couples have times when things are a bit "Off." But what you just described to me sounds toxic. I'm sorry that the only place you can express your feelings are here and don't feel ashamed, at least you've got it off your chest. Stop being depressed and just end it. You're just 18, don't let relationships bring you down, you should be enjoying life to the fullest. If your boy friend is getting in the way of that than please, LEAVE him.
02-25-2014, 12:33 AM

Yes, you have to leave him. He will only get worse.
You say your mother isn't talking to you.

Well, you need to find a way to contact her anyway. Tell her you are desperate for her help. That he has been hitting you, and you are worried it is getting worse. Tell her you need her protection.

My mother went through this when I was child.my father got worse every year. She lost teeth, got black eyes, couldn't see her fam or friends. She finally realized she would have to leave when he almost hit my baby brother.
My grandmother came when he was at work and we escaped.
My mother had a hard time cause she still loved him. But she got over it.
And now she is so happy we got away.
02-25-2014, 12:36 AM

Break up, i think. This looks like it's turning into an abusive relationship.
Get out while you can.
Goodluck!
02-25-2014, 12:52 AM

Please break up with him. This is never the way a relationship is suppossed to be,... you will never feel afraid of the person whom you love the most.. And u are so young...U r missing out on a lot of things just because u r with him..if he was all good to u its a different case all together..but here he is just so abusive..its better u move off ......you deserve a guy who loves and trusts you.....