This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does Social Media ruin NASCAR?
02-24-2014, 11:33 PM
Does Social Media ruin NASCAR?
I feel like the last couple years NASCAR's turning into too much of social media and I think it affects the racing because 10 years ago 20 years ago and wasn't as much as involved as it is today.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2014, 11:42 PM

How exactly does social media affect the actual racing? I think social media has turned the sport's fan base into a bit of a bitchfest, but that holds true with most other sports. Social media is also very cool, though; we can find news out nearly instantly, fans can directly interact with their favorite athletes on sites like Twitter, and there are still many people out there who can have fun, debate and talk about their favorite sports on sites like Facebook.

Ads

02-24-2014, 11:52 PM

I don't think it affects the races. The cars, teams and drivers affect the races. Or does social media affect drivers in ways that affect how they race? I've sent tweets to my favorite drivers, though only once did I tweet Joey, who I don't follow. I congratulated him when he got engaged.
02-24-2014, 11:54 PM

Ruin racing? No. But it does contribute to drivers being forced to have fairly sterile personalities in front of the camera.
02-25-2014, 12:02 AM

I remember in high school when I went out to party with my friends at night, and my parents couldn't get a hold of me. Those were the good old days. Social Media is... well I can't say it without hurting a bunch of peoples feelings, so I will just say "yes", but only to a certain extent, Because for some reason I give NASCAR fans more respect when it comes to being smarter than the average sports fan. I don't think the effects are as tragic as you depict. Because of technology men and mankind are rapidly turning into weaker, and more meek in the evolutionary chain. It's been going that way for a couple generations now. I'm sure older men can see this happen. It's kinda sad. It just makes the future more difficult for a greater number of people.
02-25-2014, 12:08 AM

It's Nascar. You either enjoy it or you don't. Social media doesn't make it any better or worse.
02-25-2014, 12:12 AM

Yea. Take people like fluffy who comes in here and tries to tell people how to think. It's the same thing. Brian France wants the fans to have limited knowledge of the *racing product* and get caught up in the *choreographed car running around in circles* [probably the most intelligent thing that Tony Stewart ever said]
02-25-2014, 12:19 AM

No. Bill France Jr. and his team of 'suits' have ruined NASCAR. Daytona is fast approaching, and I don't even know what rule changes are in effect. I bet most of the teams are scratching their heads also. Social Media has nothing to do with good racing, good racing started to decline with the introduction of the COT.
02-25-2014, 12:20 AM

I don't see that. If anything, for example, Brad Keselowski's tweet during the fire delay for the Daytona 500 put NASCAR in avenues it wasn't normally mentioned in.

Also regardless of who tweets what or writes what on a Facebook wall the racing is the racing. Doesn't change or affect that.