This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
my picture from my facebook profile was taken and is being used to advertise speeddate.com...what should i do?
02-24-2014, 11:48 PM
my picture from my facebook profile was taken and is being used to advertise speeddate.com...what should i do?
my picture from my facebook profile got taken and is now being used to advertise a speed dating application both on facebook.com and throught iPhone apps.. this application can be found throught the facebook.com website. its called "speeddate". and my picture is on the speeddate website as well. ( http://www.speeddate.com) my picture was taken without notification and permission. i was wondering if anyone could help me with my problem... i dont know what to do. i think the scariest part was when i went on google "images and searched "speeddate for iphone" and my face was all over the screen. if anyone can help me... please contact me. thank you! Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2014, 11:55 PM

They most certainly did. I googled it.

I go on a website and one day a user posted a little article the Facebook has and it states on the conditions stuff that they can take any photos that you post on there and do what they please with them.

Ads

02-25-2014, 12:04 AM

cops., lawyer.
02-25-2014, 12:06 AM

thats pretty creep, but also flattering for you in some way. you could always contact Facebook or IPhone and talk to them if not see what newscom is because they are all over the pictures that you saw on Google images
02-25-2014, 12:12 AM

i would probably deff tell ur parents and maybe they can go to the police cause if they are usin ur picture without permission u can deff sue whoeva it is that took ur picture without ur permisson
02-25-2014, 12:14 AM

In all seriousness, obtain the services of a lawyer and you may make these rats pay for this in the only way that will stop them from ever doing it again, i.e. money. They have invaded your privacy in a major way, and there are legal repercussions.
02-25-2014, 12:23 AM

you need to read the fine print before you agree to their terms when you sign up for facebook or any other web site like that. basically it will say that all materials, pictures, etc that are submitted belong to the site and they can do what ever they want with the material. also since your picture isn't copyrighted and is on the internet, any one else can down load your picture and do anything they want with it with out you being able to do anything about it!!!!
02-25-2014, 12:31 AM

According to the new "rules" of facebook or terms and conditions, they own all your personal photos if you sign up or agree, which I am guessing you did because you go on facebook... I suggest seeking a lawyer as they did not ask your permission...

good luck
02-25-2014, 12:34 AM

So you took a chance
And made other plans
But I bet you didn't think that they would come crashing down...

Your bridges were burned, and now it's your turn
To cry, cry me a river
Cry me a river-er
Cry me a river
Cry me a river-er, yea yea
02-25-2014, 12:38 AM

first start by taking off your fb profile picture and making it something that isn't you. i guess you can make an account on speedate and try to talk to this person???
i'mn sorry that happened, good luck.