This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What makes people most appealing on Instagram, twitter and other social media?
02-25-2014, 12:02 AM
What makes people most appealing on Instagram, twitter and other social media?
I am doing some research on social media and I am curious to know what things attract you to someone's profile. What things make you like them/dislike them?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2014, 12:09 AM

I don't really go to those sites often. I used to be on Twitter but I forgot my password, ever since then I could never login again. Now and then I like to see how many followers celebrities have on Twitter, but that's about it.

Ads

02-25-2014, 12:17 AM

Life is too short to dislike someone. What did they do to you in order to dislike them?
02-25-2014, 12:25 AM

i think it's the fact that you can be nosy. Some people will post absolutely everything about their lives on their profiles, and it's quite nice knowing what's happening in someone else's life, I guess.

When I was 14/15, I'd follow everyone on Twitter who liked the same music as me, and everyone who followed me back. As none of my school-friends were really into the same bands as I was, it was nice being able to talk about these things with people who understood you. However now (I'm 18 - will be 19 in a few months) I only follow people who I actually know in real life, a few celebrities, and News/Current affairs profiles.

If I do follow someone who I don't know in real life, I'll be attracted to their profile if they share the same interests as me, and if they actually tweet interesting things.