This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why are so many girls getting pregnant or engaged or both?
02-25-2014, 12:40 AM
Why are so many girls getting pregnant or engaged or both?
I just graduated high school last year and a lot of girls from my class are either already pregnant or on their way with a second child. If they aren't pregnant they are engaged to their boyfriends that they've barely been with. Or both. All I see on my facebook page is all pregnancy posts or I'm getting married.
Those things are great but these girls are just fresh out of high school, I've noticed there's a lot of girls doing this from the class of 2012 too. What's the rush? Shouldn't their priority be about having fun going to college or working. Ten years from now I don't think that is what these girls are going to want. I'm not judging I'm just curious.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2014, 12:41 AM

I got married four months out of high school because I fell in love and we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together. We do have fun, and we are going to college. If people want to get married there's nothing wrong with it Smile I don't regret my decision.

Ads

02-25-2014, 12:47 AM

I graduated in 2012. I'm pregnant, and soon to be married. I've been with the same guy for 4 years. And just because a girl is pregnant doesn't mean she can't have fun, or go to school or work. I do all three of those things. And i feel my life is very fulfilling.
02-25-2014, 12:51 AM

That's just life now
02-25-2014, 12:54 AM

I know EXACTLY what you mean! same thing in my town but it's mostlyyy just girls getting pregnant, not much engagements. But I NEVER thought nor did i want to be one of those girls, I am 19 and graduated in 2012 and I am 9 weeks pregnant.. and when my bf found out, which we haven't been together long at all, but he proposed and i planned on being with him the rest of my life anyway. When they say you know you know, they aren't kidding. You have absolutely NO doubt in your mind that you and that person will always be together and I also neverrr thought I would find tht soo young but I did and I guess getting pregnant was just in the cards for me.. But seriously, people that do know about me being pregnant are VERY surprised because I am sooo not that girl. I was always good friends with everyyoneee in school and got straight As, no oneee expected this from me. I didn't expect it from myself either.. I think it's happening though because these girls just want love and being stupid while having sex and getting pregnant accidentally (most the time). I was stupid, I admit it. But it happens and I feel in my case it happened for a reason. But be better than them and don't be one of them! I can tell your a lottt like me, a smart girl, if not smarter, just by asking this question, I alwayyss asked myself the same thing ha til now. But be the better one, do something with your life. Don't fall victim to this epidemic lol. Smile
02-25-2014, 12:58 AM

Class of '13 here and pregnant with my second child. <3 I will be starting college in three weeks and also work. I'm happy and enjoy my life. I often encourage those who are offended by my lifestyle and can't bear the pictures of my smiling family to unfriend/block me if their precious eyes can't handle it. Ten years from now I will have a thirteen year old, eleven year old, and nine year old. Perhaps I'll be already working my dream job, and hopefully I will own at least two houses. I also hope I have several establishments under my business name. Sounds like a good life at twenty nine to me.

Not everyone wants to go down the go to college, get married, buy a house, get a trained dog, then go through five rounds of IVF route. Many of us are happy being young mothers, some like my mom have a child each decade with each one being a completely different experience. Others only have one child. We're all different and are free to choose our paths.