This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I get an ask.fm?
02-25-2014, 12:56 AM
Should I get an ask.fm?
I am 14 and the majority of my friends do and I think it would just be sort of fun. My parents won't let me get a social networking account of any sort, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc. so right now I just have Y!A and email.

I highly doubt my parents know about ask.fm because if they did, they'd probably sit me down and give me a big long talk about it. They do that with a lot of things. I am almost positive they do not have any Internet tracking on my iPad, which I use for a lot of things. I also delete my browsing history, but I go to a small school (going to a bigger one for high school next year) so information spreads quickly.

I'm a A/B student and am involved in school clubs and sports and don't go out drinking. The parties I go to are tame and mostly just kids hanging out. I'm not worried about cyber bullying because I know I could just delete my account and that wouldn't get me down, and that kind of stuff doesn't get me down.

Bottom line, how do I get one without my parents or relatives knowing, and do your parents know if you have one? Also should I go under a fake name or use a profile picture?

No rude answers please! Ten easy points to best answer. Smile
@Mathias I would like people's stuff! Lots of people I know got noticed and asked questions that way.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2014, 12:57 AM

Alright, you get your ask but how will people find it? You need facebook, instagram or other social networks to link it so people can press it and ask questions..

Ads

02-25-2014, 01:06 AM

Please for your own sake stay out of social networking. Your parents are definitely right, it may suck to you but the problems on sites like ask.fm are increasing, cyber bullying, scamming etc. Yes, scamming. You're better off keeping out also because of your grades. Your grades will drop, you will be HOOKED into social networking, and speaking to strangers is always going to happen, you never know who it is and what their intention is.
02-25-2014, 01:15 AM

You can delete. However, once its on the inet its worldwide. Lots of free radio available. Listen to radio mozart.net . Can't beat it. Brings you to heaven.
Agree ,, best to stay off social netwk.
02-25-2014, 01:17 AM

Many people at my school have or should I say HAD an ask.fm account, they can be quite fun but it can just be an easy tool for people to say mean and nasty things whilst remaining completely anonymous to you, many of my peers deactivated their accounts due to anonymous hate towards them, just be careful
02-25-2014, 01:26 AM

Well depends. Does your school have bullying a lot? And looking at your profile you're a girl and honestly girls most of the time get bullied on ask. And for your parents not knowing depends on that too lol. If they're smart and like check your accounts then you should probably be cautious and go under a fake username and like you said they probably don't even know what ask.fm is! My parents don't pay attention to my accounts thankfully lol and they don't know what that is it's mostly a kids thing. But yeah if you get bullied and it's just not becoming fun just delete it, no point in keeping it if it's just going to bring you down. I remember reading about a girl who killed herself because of the questions she got on ask.fm 14 years old same age as you! So be careful out there! I hope this helped!Smile

Milad has a point but I think he's kind of overexaggerating. I use social networking all the time and have straight a's and I don't talk to strangers. You just need to know how to use it and know your limits.
02-25-2014, 01:35 AM

I have never heard of it but remember if you have to hide what you are doing from your parents ... it's probably the wrong thing to do. That's true in ALL things. Parents always find out what their kids are doing.
But if you do decide to do this, use a fake name and photo. My cat Tigger who is my avatar on here is also my fb photo...
02-25-2014, 01:43 AM

You need facebook, instagram or other social networks to link it so people can press it and ask questions..
02-25-2014, 01:47 AM

random people ask you random stuff and its creepy sometimes
02-25-2014, 01:51 AM

Just because your friend have one doesn't mean you need one.
Because what you put out there,will stay out. It's can be used against you at anytime. You don't need your in fro out in the wide webs. You my close your account at anytime but once it out it's hard to get rid of it. Stay Away from it. Colleges checks social media like Facebook others when are looking at students. They check for social medias to see what going on in your life. It can make a colleges change theirs mind about you. Scholarships have been lost because of what you put out internet. I personal know afew basketball players that lose D-1 scholarships because of pictures and what was on theirs social medias. Don't do it!