This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A question about Facebook's new impending privacy settings [12/1/09]?
02-25-2014, 01:09 AM
A question about Facebook's new impending privacy settings [12/1/09]?
Hi, when I logged onto facebook a little while ago, it notified me that the creator of facebook had published a new blog about some settings that they're going to be changing. It mentioned that they're getting rid of regional networks which is fine by me, since I don't belong to a regional network.

However, I am confused/concerned about what was mentioned about new privacy settings. Something about "streamlining" and making it simpler and easy to use with only three options-Everyone, Friends Only, Friends of Friends. Right now I have it set so that there are certain people who can't see my status updates, and also I have albums that certain people can't see.

My bottom line question-is that going to change? Are these new guidelines going to make it so that i CAN'T customize who sees my statuses? I know it also mentioned something about choosing who sees each individual post...but I don't want to have to select the people who I don't want to see it every single time. I just would like to know if they're going to leave it so that I can set a final customization as to who can and can't see my statuses and certain albums. Thank you in advance.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2014, 01:14 AM

Ur hot

Ads

02-25-2014, 01:15 AM

Your privacy will stay the same trust, they are just going to make it so there are more privacy restrictions
02-25-2014, 01:21 AM

they're basically getting rid of regions. say you are in the network "new york city" everyone in the same network can view your images. as facebook grows, they are eliminating this "group by region" type of privacy. so instead you can define who sees what by specific selection. you will be able to retain your private albums and status updates.