This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are reasons not to have social media in the classroom?
02-25-2014, 05:14 AM
What are reasons not to have social media in the classroom?
I have a paper due tomorrow that needs to be 5 paragraphs about why social media shouldn't be used in the class room. All I've got is a paragraph about how cyber bullying could be worsened..please help. (She gave it to us on Friday and wouldn't let us take it home, plus I was called to the dental can thingy and got even less time on it. In case you were wondering why I had one paragraph and it was due tomorrow)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2014, 05:24 AM

I don't understand the question. What kind of social media would be allowed in the classroom and how would the teacher plan on using it? I know an old teacher of mine accepted friend requests on facebook so we could message her for homework questions. I know a lot of businesses and work places are doing that now as well. I guess I just don't know what your teacher wants...

Ads

02-25-2014, 05:28 AM

I think a good suggestion would be never ending unfiltered social media content allows for endless ideling through distraction.

Using twitter and Facebook for personal reasons, isn't a plausablecause for measurable data, so a student is essentially watching endless content online does not provide them with the meaningful content they are being given in person.

(you can measure the meaningful content through in person interaction)