This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I'm always feeling jealous in this friendship? Help?!?
02-25-2014, 10:27 AM
I'm always feeling jealous in this friendship? Help?!?
i've known this boy for about 8 months now. we both call each other best friends and tell each other everything, but lately something's been off. i don't know if we're drifting apart or what, but something isn't right. he hasn't been texting me as much as he used to. he doesn't facetime me every night for hours like we always would. and i was on another friend of mine's social media page and saw screenshots and photos of them hanging out for hours together on facetime just at the same exact time he hung up on me and stopped reading my texts. im probably looking a little far into this, but i am the jealous type. it feels like he is replacing me with other people in his life and i hate it. funny thing is, just a week ago he was so upset with me because he thought i was getting closer with another friend of mine than we were. i don't know if i should try to make him jealous in return, try to make him feel the way he made me feel, or ignore him and see if he really needs me in his life and crawls back. things just aren't the same between us. they aren't as great as they used to be and i miss that. i care about him a lot. our friendship meant a lot to me. and it is literally tearing me to shreds when i see him getting closer with other people and not talking to me. i don't know what i should do. silent treatment? do the same to him as he did to me? i just think in his mind that i'm always the last choice when in my mind he was always my FIRST. even though he denied that multiple times. i know he cares about me. something's just off. we haven't facetimed in literally nearly 3 weeks when we used to every night and i see him with other people and i become jealous. i just really need some advice on how to handle this really upsetting situation of being replaced. thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2014, 10:31 AM

From what you wrote I think he feels you were replacing him with someone else and he's "beating you to the punch" as the saying goes. Try making him jealous with that friend of yours, see if that brings him back. I would definitely post pictures!

Either that or it's time for a new best friend….:-)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply