This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how to choose a good person to baby sit for you. strangers/daycare?
02-25-2014, 01:32 PM
how to choose a good person to baby sit for you. strangers/daycare?
I go to this job program where they help find a job daycare as well. The found me a couple of places/people their address phone numbers ect but I've never left my kids with strangers sobthis is hard for me. I found some of them on fb (I didn't really like what I saw) what kind of questions do I ask and what do I need to know

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2014, 01:39 PM

In a daycare setting. . . . they are required to publicly show their license on the wall for their state certification. You can also inquire about how much experience the people there have and how long they are working there. You can also ask about discipline practices, and the procedures they employee if there is an emergency or the child comes up sick or injured.

You can also inquire about their adult to child ratio, and what activities the child typically does during the day.

If you go with a private babysitter. . . .Do a background check on the potential person, specifically to look for previous child abuse or past domestic violence or sexual crimes in the past. Forgive petty stuff. All kids do dumb stuff, some of the just don't get caught, but its best to be aware of the history when you hire someone.

Also, always ask for references from previous employers (Or previous babysitting jobs), at least one long time friend, and talk to these people! Many people are content that you're willing to give them a list of names and number and never make the phone calls.

You can't ask about religion, race, ethnicity, or what social clubs they belong to which would reveal these items but you can ask about character, trustworthiness, why they separated from the job, and what the person's work ethic is like.

You should also inquire about what school or college they went to,if they hold any certifications or what training they went through. Ask if they have child and infant CPR or first aid training, or if they are willing to take the courses if they say no. You can also ask if they have a license or not, although you can't demand to see it unless you plan to let them drive the kid around.

You can also ask about previous jobs, how many other kids they've watched at a time, ect. Keep in mind, people post stuff on their facebook page that they think is funny or means something to them, but doesn't always highlight them as that way. There is more to most people then what's on their facebook page, and that is just one facet of their personality, and rarely tells the whole story about the.

You should ask about discipline styles and watch them interact with your child too. Except in cases where your kid is napping, see how they interact and if the kid seems to like them and is comfortable. Do they show any interest in the baby?

A lot of times, its guy feelings that will tell you if they would make a good match. Most babysitters and nannies are excellent people who genuinely care about the kids they watch.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2014, 01:47 PM

Ask lots of questions
How much experience they have and what ages
Where have they worked , kid related
Are they certified in CPR
How do they discipline
Kids schedule while there
There rules for the kids
How many kids per adult