This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why does my boss put his friends as "officers" and "admins" on the company's facebook group..?
02-26-2014, 12:58 AM
Why does my boss put his friends as "officers" and "admins" on the company's facebook group..?
..instead of the actual people who work in the company??
My boss has created this facebook group for his company. But I noticed that admins and officers on this group are only his friends or relatives. He never puts his own employees who do the actual work as admins or officers. I know it's a silly question, but I'm just wondering why coz me and other coworkers actually work for him and he never considered assigning us as officers.
My boss is actually young like 28 years old and he uses facebook all the time and he even added me as a friend but why does he do that I wonder? He likes my work and everything but why doesn't he show that to his clients on his facebook group??

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-2014, 01:08 AM

This Facebook group is not something "official" about your company.
It's simply a group and I guess he does this for fun. However, it's a bit unfair. People who don't know the company may think these are the real officers and admins. I understand that you don't find it ok, I wouldn't, either.

Ads

02-26-2014, 01:14 AM

Sounds to me like your boss wants to be boss twice - once in the office and again on facebook. He wants to be boss of two different sets of people. That's the thing about the ego - it can never get enough, it always wants more. I can't understand why you would even want to be a part of this facebook group - it's just feeding his ego which is already grossly overinflated. He needs taking down a peg!

One day he'll find out that what goes around comes around.