This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is my husband obsessed?
02-26-2014, 02:53 AM
Is my husband obsessed?
My husband has been on facebook for about more than 6 months now and he reconnected with a lot of his highschool friends & one of them he developed an online relationship(as what i call it) after i found out that they were exchanging explicit chats thru this fb site and after the first blow-up, he told me that it was all a game in front of all these audience in fb, telling me that it was all a show(as he calls it "a hurtful joke'). It nearly destroyed our marriage so we had a long confrontation together with my inlaws too. After that, another blow-up came when i found out that they had created another account so they can continue with their games(huh???); I called & sent a text to the woman(nothing really mean), and warned my husband about all these madness. He apologize. things got settled for a while. we went on vacation with kids. had fun. after that i found out that he sent a long email to his friend again telling her in detail about our vacation even telling her that we are having marital relations again w/c i think is very personal. He also emailed her earlier before our vacation that their FB game should stop & he promised me that he would not flirt anymore with her FB friend but just be "friends." Now i found out lately that he created an account in twitter where his "friend" is also using. Another of his FB friends found out about it & asked him what he's doing in twitter & he replies "I have no freakin idea."
Please help me. what is going on. what should i do? we have been very nice & attentive to each other lately & I know that we love each other. He is making me feel that he really loves me. but what about his cyber obsession. is this something i need to be worried about?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-2014, 02:54 AM

Your husband needs to stop using the computer if he cant control himself.

I would contact the other woman again, and be more forceful this time!

If your husband cant stop this behaviour your marriage will end.

Ads

02-26-2014, 03:01 AM

I would definitely be worried about this.

You need to speak to him seriously and tell him that this is way out of control, that he needs to stop acting like he is 2.

I mean you guys have kids and it's simply not fair that you have to go through this and all of the stuff you probably already go through.
02-26-2014, 03:10 AM

Should you be worried?.. i think so! Love is not a game and its time he respected your love for each other. tell him to find another hobby that is productive and positive for everyone involved.
02-26-2014, 03:18 AM

Just throw the computer outta the house. Better yet throw him outta the house. Does he really know this woman enough to call her friend? Men can get so turned around when it comes to other women showing interest in them and they don't care who they hurt. Be worried because he may be calling her and meeting her. You never know.
02-26-2014, 03:24 AM

Yes, you need to be worried about this. You have to tell your husband that he has to stop using the computer. If he loves you then he'll do it. If your husband cannot control himself then it will become an addiction. You need to stop him now.
02-26-2014, 03:38 AM

he needs to grow up and realize the jeopardy he's putting the relationship in...it's good you're giving him time to figure things out. The 'other woman' might not respond so well to warnings, some love that sort of mischief. So don't put much hope in that. Tell him to consider that if she's willing to bust up his marriage does he think she'd be true to him if they hooked up?
02-26-2014, 03:49 AM

You can't forbid him to use the computer...he is not a child. he will rebel if you use this tactic. just talk to him. Don't be jealous of facebook. Do you have one? Have you reconnected with anyone from your past? It can be a lot of fun. Unless he is making plans to meet the lady you should look at the ring on your finger and be happy that he is home with you. I have a facebook and myspace and it is purely fun. I have reconnected with a couple old boyfriends, it is fun to see where they ended up and how many have kids. On the other hand he shouldn't be discussing your personal bedroom life with her. That is inappropriate. So just explain to him that you are not threatened by his facebook friends but that he should be more respectful about your marrital privacy. That is not her business. Don't make yourself look bad by calling her though. You are better than that. Believe him though when he says that it is just on the computer unless he is giving you a reason to believe he is meeting her on the side. Smile Good luck. I hope it works out for you. Maybe he is just trying to boost his self esteem...mid life crisis type thing you know. P.S..twitter sucks....no one cool is on there.Smile
02-26-2014, 03:50 AM

Hi, There is this instant idea, may work, when your hubby becomes busy on I-net just get dressed up and go to your (common) friends/relatives, and prompt calls for you at home. Just tell to your hubby you are going upmarket.After some time he will be forced to think to change his habit because he wont get any thing physical from it but boredom. Stay cool in any situation, don't give any reaction but smiles always, be cheerful(extra)
when at home. Take full interest in house hold chores with no notice to your hubby's obsession.
02-26-2014, 03:53 AM

Sorry to say but your husband is taking the pi$$ out of you. Its obvious that he doesn't have an ounce of respect for you as he would have stopped going on facebook if he knew what he was doing was hurting you. Which husband makes a vow to his wife and then breaks that vow by flirting and playing games with another woman. Its only a matter of time until they decide to hookup for more fun and games.

If it was me I would have kicked him out long ago