This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how to start a private group on facebook?
02-26-2014, 06:40 AM
how to start a private group on facebook?
okay.. so i need to start a drill team group, but only for everyone who is on drill team. so no one else can be able to join.
also, i do not want to have to be friends with all the drill team girls. so i need them to be able to join the group. (or be able to add them o the group) without being facebook friends with them (i dont want them seeing my personal stuff.)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-2014, 06:43 AM

when you create your group, you will have an option to make it a "request to join" group, which means that you can approve who can be in the group

as for the other part, i think you can only invite friends, maybe they'll see it and join? and remember, you can change your privacy settings so if you do become their friend, they have limited access to your profile

hope that helps!! Smile

Ads

02-26-2014, 06:52 AM

When you create a group, you can completely control its privacy. There are three different access levels:

Open: For "global" groups, everyone on Facebook can view the group and join. If the group is exclusive to a specific network, only the people in that network can view the group or join it. All content (e.g., photos, videos and discussions) is visible to anyone viewing the group.

Closed: For "global" groups, everyone on Facebook can see the group, but the administrators must approve all membership requests or personally send invitations. If the group is exclusive to one network, only people in that network can view the group or join it. Only group members can view its Wall, discussion board, and photo or video content. Non-members can view its Info and Recent News. If you are not a member, you will not receive stories about closed groups.

Secret: These groups cannot be found in searches or be viewed by non-members. The name of the group will not display on the profiles of members. Membership is by invitation only. Non-members will not receive stories about secret groups.
Group administrators can change these options at any time by clicking "Edit Group" below the group photo.

When someone is in the same group as you, this does not allow them to see any more of your profile information than your privacy settings allow.