This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Did this Bills fan overreact?
02-26-2014, 07:03 AM
Did this Bills fan overreact?
Ya think? Sheesh...

Buffalo Bills cornerback Leodis McKelvin's front lawn of his home in suburban Buffalo was vandalized with an obscenity painted on his lawn in white paint following McKelvin's critical fumble in the final minutes of the Bills' Monday night loss to the New England Patriots, according to police.

It's an incredible breach of privacy and an overreaction to the results of a sporting event.

Not to mention how frightening it might be for a player's family and neighbors.

"W/ all the safety issues n the NFL its not funny at all," Bills linebacker Kawika Mitchell wrote on his Twitter account. "We have Fam at our homes to protect. If u show ur face on my prop Ill make sure I do everythin to keep my Fam safe. Its my job to protect my home as it is the job of all home owners. Dont push the limit."

Added Bills safety George Wilson: "To see that type of response from so-called passionate fans is taking things to the extreme. You can blog and make your opinions, but to go to a person's residence, you're taking it to a whole new level."

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Wils...-loss.html

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-2014, 07:09 AM

there are some crazy fans out there!

Ads

02-26-2014, 07:16 AM

See this is why players want to have guns. Not justifying it, but these things I'm sure happens more often than not and not just by crazed fans either. It is not that serious, its just a game!!
02-26-2014, 07:19 AM

its okay to be upset as a fan but that's taking it way too far.

There is life outside of being an NFL fan, and to personally do something to a players property just because your team lost a game is absurd
02-26-2014, 07:33 AM

And to think that back in the day in Columbus, Ohio, unknown assailants would get criticized for putting "for sale" signs on the lawn at John Cooper's home after another loss to Michigan.

But this is really becoming a time when severe deviant activity is covered 24/7 that the culprit becomes a cult hero amongst friends and others. It really is a dangerous time for many athletes and it's no wonder many aren't as approachable as stars once were.
02-26-2014, 07:45 AM

Every team in every sport has a few idiot fans. The cards vandalized McNabb's home in Arizona and they won the game. Some fans can make a whole fan base look bad.

In this situation yes this Bills fan overreacted. Logically thinking the bills really have no chance to make the playoffs anyway so they should be happy the game was even that close. The Pats outplayed them the whole game until they got to the 35 yard line and couldn't score a touchdown or FG. Finally at the very end of the game the Pats finally turned all of those yards into points and the bills didn't stand a chance.

This makes this person even look more pathetic. It's not like this guy McKelvin's just cost his team the superbowl or anything.
02-26-2014, 07:54 AM

I saw that yesterday and all I can say is I hope they catch the guy and arrest him. When you actually show up at a players house you've gone way to far. I don't care how much you drank, how much money you lost or how upset you are, if you do that you are not a fan but a psycho. Sometimes fans take things too far and these idioits don't reflect an entire fan base but they can make the whole group look bad.
02-26-2014, 08:05 AM

yea - FANS BECOME FANATICS
So anything can happen and happens all the the time. When fans threaten and destroy property it becomes real ugly. But how do we prevent this behavior? It happens. How many cities have been destroyed after championship games in all forms of sports. Its NOT right, Destructive and Dangerous. People have been killed over a "game". Soccer is known for their fanatic brawls of thousands of people in stadiums all over the world.

But how do we as a society stop this or control this Fanatic behavior within the law. Its STUPID behavior, but difficult to control crimes of PASSION.
02-26-2014, 08:14 AM

It could have been worse.