This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I don't get a Facebook lookback video, only pictures?
02-26-2014, 08:23 AM
I don't get a Facebook lookback video, only pictures?
Whenever I go to Facebook.com/lookback it only shows me pictures, and no video. I'm very upset about this cause I really wanted a video. I've seen a question on here that's the same but all the answers can't be true. Facebook said you will either get a video, pictures, or just a thank you card depending on how much you share. Well that doesn't make any sense that I can't get a video. My friend who's had a Facebook for only a year and has 26 photos and maybe 100 posts gets a video. But I've had my Facebook since 2009, have maybe hundreds and hundreds of posts and 226 pictures, and I don't get a video. So what's the deal?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-2014, 08:39 AM

Did you delete any of the pictures that were included in the video?

Ads

02-26-2014, 08:55 AM

I deleted one of the pictures and now, I am only getting 6 pictures.. is there anyway to get the video back?
02-26-2014, 09:00 AM

I have the same issue. I'm an active FB user and have been for some time. The first time I went to see the video, there were only the 6 pictures and no video. I did not and have not deleted any photos. A lot of people are trying to get the video "back" but I've not even seen the video to begin with.
02-26-2014, 09:12 AM

Same issue here. I'm an active FB user since 2008, I have many pictures and posts... and I only get 6 pictures. Not a question of time (my son has been on FB for 2 years only and gets his video), of language or availability of pictures. I don't get it.
02-26-2014, 09:19 AM

I encountered the same. I did delete one of the pic of my fb video before, then I found no more video. What should I do?
02-26-2014, 09:20 AM

Im searching for the same answer. Ive been a very active user forever and no video, just the card with a few of my profile pics. Sucks.
02-26-2014, 09:33 AM

Hey everyone, I had the same problem after deleting a photo I didn't like.
Did some research online and found one guy with the best advice.
I eventually was able to retrieve my video from cache files.
Read the instructions carefully, it worked for me with the "ChromeCache View application" option (had the rely on date/time search).

Here's the helpful link

http://www.fastcompany.com/3026018/fast-...nt-really-

Read DAN BLISS's comments

Hope it helps, Good luck. Myrz

PS: Doesn't help much with the sharing though, you could upload the video to facebook after saving it from cache or post the url link. But kind of takes away from the share style.
02-26-2014, 09:46 AM

Never got a Video at all. Been on Facebook since the early Thousands and have tons of photos and share everyday. I have not deleted anything in the last 2 months. All i got where 6 photos that where all current. If you do it for one you should do it for all.. Kind of pissed..
02-26-2014, 09:53 AM

After you hit the share button and post the Lookback to your wall, if you then delete the share post or delete any photos IN the video, Lookback gets disabled. More info and the whole story (including some ways to try and get it back) can be found here: http://sitesdoneright.com/blog/2014/02/f...are-button