This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook statuses wont show?
02-26-2014, 12:05 PM
Facebook statuses wont show?
On Facebook when I go to my privacy settings, I put everything on "friends only". However, my friends say they can't see my statuses or shared videos from Youtube. There's also a little lock icon underneath the statuses and videos. Help!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-2014, 12:06 PM

It's a temporary glitch.......Facebook build a user cache for every user and friends of that user see his/her update from that cache.

As your friends ain't seeing your updates so somehow that cache is not updated....It'll be fixed soon cause i faced this problem and it was solved after a few days.

Ads

02-26-2014, 12:14 PM

The Publisher lets you share content on Facebook. It is located at the top of both your home page and on your profile. Both locations offer the same functionalities.

Typing in the Publisher text box and clicking "Share" updates your status. Clicking inside the text box displays additional types of content that you can share:

* Link (add a web address to external content)
* Photos (upload a photo, create an album, or take a webcam photo)
* Video (upload a video or record a webcam video)

The Publisher also allows you to select a privacy setting for every post you make. After clicking inside the text box, or attaching your content, look for the lock icon next to the "Share" button. Clicking on it will bring up a menu that lets you choose who will be able to see your post, from Everyone, to Friends, to Friends of Friends.

If you type in the Publisher box and then add content (e.g., a link or a video), the text will appear as a comment above the content you have shared. It will not appear as a new status update or replace your current status.

Account ---> Privacy settings ---> Sharing on Facebook ---> Customize settings ---> Things I share ---> Posts by me---> friends only.