This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can facebook be a good thing?
02-26-2014, 12:26 PM
Can facebook be a good thing?
I'm a 20 year old guy and deleted my facebook like a year ago now I'm thinking of making a new one but only adding family and actual people I talk to

I got tired of all the attention getting I saw on there and must admit I was also getting sucked it but now I'm different I've change a lot and even matured. Metaphorically I'm thinking of it as my renaissance since I have changed so much

Is this a good idea or bad just need some opinions

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-2014, 12:42 PM

Facebook is a good thing, you can communicate with family and friends all the time when you both are online, you can share photos, play games, and everything. Its not always a bad thing to have facebook.

I use facebook to talk to my friends and family that I don't really see anymore, but we stay in contact by talking over facebook, or I simply call them....either or.

Just add the people that you talk to (friends) and add your family. It comes in handy sometimes, instead of calling. Don't add/accept people who are going to cause drama/attention all the time, just add people who are mature and who you talk to all the time.

Ads

02-26-2014, 12:48 PM

FB can b both good & bad. So many ppl r bullied & harrased on it & young ppl give way 2 much info 2 strangers, its a frightning thing. I also deleted my account a few years ago becouse of all the drama. I started a new 1 & only a select goup of family members & close friends r able 2 have contact with me, its been much better this time around. Congradulations on your maturing, stay happy & healthy
02-26-2014, 01:03 PM

I personally think Facebook is bad. I use it, but as an experience, I believe facebook is really bad.
Even if you just create it to check once or twice a week.

Now, if you add facebook on just your family members and relatives, it's fine.
The problem is, on facebook, you add all your school friends, all your college friends, your girl boyfriends, friends, everyone right?

The problem is you can't get a real relationship even if it seems to be real.
One girl you know somewhere sends you a message saying, "your so cool."
Psychologically, you're going to think you made a friend and she actually is interested in you.
No matter how well you speak on facebook, it's gonna seem awkward in real life.
And because you already conversed with him/her, your gonna run out of questions when you meet.

Also, really, what is the point of facebook?
You just do it to make yourself feel better and that you are inside a virtual society.
Random people or some people you know puts "like" on your picture, and really, what is that supposed to mean?

Lastly, facebook means that anyone can sneak into your private lives.
If you graduate college or is getting a job, bosses will look at your facebook to see if you are a descent person. I just don't like that because we should have the right to privacy. I know a weird guy, i'm not friend with him, but he drank alcohol, put it on facebook and it seems even though he graduated from a good school, he couldn't find a job. There may be other factors but he seems to know, himself, that facebook was the cause.

Actually, my last last point, is the birthday thing.
If it's your birthday, you should meet up with people and have a good time with people you know.
Isn't that what birthday means? But on facebook, random friend members on your list puts "happy birthday!" and it's a bit irritating cuz the "happy birthday" really doesn't mean anything unless it's your crush or your best friend. It only fills up your facebook wall, and when other people check your facebook after a week, it's going to seem weird cuz your entire wall is filled with happy birthdays that don't really mean what it means.

Anyways, having a facebook isn't that bad.
It's just that it's pointless, and that's probably you deleted your facebook a year ago.
You should create it only if you are intending to talk to people really far away or something...
As long as you have a meaning of creating facebook, then go for it. If not, if you just wanna talk to people for hours and hours and have no result at the end of the day, then... really... don't do it.
I'm gonna delete it today if I can.

Hope it helps!
02-26-2014, 01:12 PM

The marvelous point is,you have got tired of getting attention.I must adore this point.Maximum people are crazy to get 'Like' more and more and try to pretend a celebrity one.For that,they bother other people.

Since you are different from those,you certainly can enjoy Facebook as a social media to communicate with others,express your opinions,knowing about others.
Moreover,you can meet different people from different part of the world as Facebook is pretty popular on this whole world.

I feel,I should suggest you to be in Facebook.It will help you to cheer up.I myself use Facebook and it helps me to get out of stress,it helps me to get help many times.I have a friend from Srilanka who is basically my best friend.
It has happened only for the blessing of Facebook.Without Facebook,I never could manage to meet with her.