This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My facebook is really slow, can anyone help?
02-26-2014, 05:43 PM
My facebook is really slow, can anyone help?
My facebook started to get slow like last week or something but I thought it was just facebook but i asked a few of my friends and apparently theirs isn't slow. It is quite bad, it freezes every few seconds and the 'not responding' comes up but then it sorts itself out but continues to do this. It's nothing major i don't think but i was just wondering if there was anything I could do because its more annoying than anything!
thanks a lot guys for the help! I cant believe i didn't think to delete my history haha Smile I have done it and it has made a difference but not loads, does anyone else have any suggestions as to what i could do if it was my internet besides getting a new browser? or do i have no choice?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-2014, 05:53 PM

Try it in a different browser. It could be your internet to.

Ads

02-26-2014, 06:04 PM

try clearing your history some times my internet gets bogged down and that helps
02-26-2014, 06:10 PM

Everyday I'm shufflin'
02-26-2014, 06:16 PM

refresh the page or turn off ur computer and turn it back on
02-26-2014, 06:31 PM

If it's only facebook, and not every other site, clear your cache, cookies and history etc (just google how to clear cache in [internet browser]. If this does not work use another browser.

Google Chrome
FireFox
Opera

If you use safari or internet explorer, download one of these. They are much faster and have more features.
02-26-2014, 06:40 PM

Disable Third Party Toolbars Installed in your Web Browser

Many websites offer free toolbars for your web browser as per their marketing strategies. These toolbars slow down your web browser performance and thereby Facebook slow speed is experienced. You have to disable these toolbars so as to make your Facebook load faster.

Use Internet Optimizer Tool

The sole objective of an Internet Optimizer tool is to optimize your internet by making change in the operating system configurations. It modifies various types of settings which are directly and indirectly related to your internet performance.

Download a System Utilities software that includes Internet Optimizer feature. Follow its instructions. If your Facebook is running slow, using an Internet Optimizer tool will be of great help.

Reset Settings

By resetting your web browser settings, you may fix Facebook slow speed. Here are the steps to do so:

1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Click Tools | Internet Options.
3. Click Advanced tab.
4. Click Reset | Reset.

Clean the Internet Cache

Facebook slow speed occurs when the contents stored in the internet cache are corrupted. You can delete these contents using a System Cleaner application, or otherwise, through below steps:

2. Click Tools | Delete Browsing History.
3. Click Delete button.

Disable Browser Extensions

The term browser extensions denote various add-on objects installed for your web browser. Many of us install the third party extensions to avail certain features. This problem often results in Facebook slow speed.

Disable third party browser extensions as instructed below.

2. Click Tools | Manage Add-Ons.
3. Disable the extensions which you do not wish to have enabled.
4. Click Close button.

Clean and Defrag the Registry

Using a System Cleaner application such as RegInOut, clean these entries. In addition to this, defragment it completely.