This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I don't trust my boyfriend. How to overcome it.?
02-26-2014, 07:44 PM
I don't trust my boyfriend. How to overcome it.?
Weve been together 2 yrs. He doesn't know I don't trust him. But I'm very insecure. I use to trust him 100% but We fight a bit and it makes me feel bad. One fight we had he got so mad he got on Facebook. Deleted our pictures. Changed his relationship status and started flirting with girls. I lost all my trust in him. Ever since then I can't trust him when he's out or on his laptop or anything. Ive became strict & jealous and i hate it. How can I get over it. Please help.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-2014, 07:45 PM

Here's the way I look at it:

If he's going to cheat, he's going to cheat. You can't control his actions, and hovering over him and invading his privacy is only going to push him away.

That being said, it doesn't sound like he has any real intention of cheating on you. Sometimes we say and do things that come from a place of anger rather than how we really feel. I think he was just stirring the pot because the two of you were arguing.

Don't worry, take a deep breath, and focus more on being the girl that would make him think, "damn, why did I ever cheat on such an awesome chick?", rather than, "damn, my girlfriend is crazy!" ;P

Good luck!

Ads

02-26-2014, 08:00 PM

Honey, I don't know how you're going to learn to trust him after he "proved" himself to you in what he'd do if you ever had an argument with him again!! IS this the type person he's going to be if or when you have arguments with him in the future. We all know our lives are not going to be perfect, they just can't be. You'd have to be walking on egg shells so he doesn't get mad at you in the future, do the same thing to you still again. Think about this in all seriousness & decide if this is he way you want to spend the rest of your life. I feel this is his nature & if you want him, this is what you're going to put up with. I doubt he's going to change. Make up your mind if this is what you want...best to you, honey...Smile
02-26-2014, 08:03 PM

Once any relationship gets to the point where trust is gone it's nearly impossible to get it back. It's kind of like trying to talk yourself into being in love with someone you don't love.

Wish there were more advice to be given but it's one of those things you have little control over.