This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Yahoo Answer like Richard Dawkins?
02-27-2014, 03:15 AM
Yahoo Answer like Richard Dawkins?
I was reading this article earlier about twitter users having a good chuckle at fundie materialist/atheist/scientism activist Dawkins and thought maybe we could have a bit of fun on yahoo answers,

What do you guys think?

A tip of the hat to tweeter @woodoo79, who started the funniest Twitter hashtag game in a while: #tweetlikericharddawkins.

It was prompted by a series of irate tweets by Richard Dawkins, who, it seemed, had had a little trouble getting a pot of honey through airport security

I'll start and perhaps the rest of you guys could join in?

#The driver wouldn't let me take my grande latte on the bus this morning. Therefore Bin Laden has won

Remember it is just a bit of fun. I am sure Richard won't mind

Here is the website, it should cheer anyone up who is feeling a little down

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/11/...11521.html
C C - you are an atheist/materialist on a r&s forum and you call me obsessed? lol
marsel_d - see above
Lili - i have read lots of dawkins work, you should not assume

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-27-2014, 03:17 AM

You're obsessed with Dawkins. Therefore Dawkins has won.

Ads

02-27-2014, 03:22 AM

#thisisoldnews #wehaveshortlivesbringsomethingmorefuntodo

#jbwfeoiuvhweiurhfpweurhgpurohgtrgoweriuhg'wldirhgroihge
02-27-2014, 03:36 AM

????

IMHO
02-27-2014, 03:52 AM

As you have read nothing that Dawkins has written, you are presuming a lot calling him a "fundie materialist/atheist/scientism activist".
02-27-2014, 04:03 AM

"What do you guys think?"

I think Christians like you are afraid of Richard Dawkins, which explains why you're so obsessed with bringing his name up all the time--or at least being the one to bring him up first usually.

"C C - you are an atheist/materialist on a r&s forum and you call me obsessed? lol"

Yes, you keep initiating discussion with us, too. And since atheism isn't a claim, it's a response to a claim, you're always going to get the "I don't believe that" response no mater where you go. Just as wife abusers miss the days of legal marital rape, theists like you miss the days when you could easily bully the religion topic into the public sphere and no one was allowed to disagree. "The days when a man could rule his house with a fist and no one told a Christian their beliefs didn't make sense."

You miss it, hence the obsession.
02-27-2014, 04:16 AM

Heh. Why did he want to take the honey, anyway?
02-27-2014, 04:32 AM

I think you and other christians are obsessed with Dawkins and know more about him than the average atheist.
02-27-2014, 04:35 AM

people tend to make fun of those they know prove there own claims false..no wonder co many christians tend to TRY and make fun of Dawkins...

Happily, they almost all fail..and make themselves look like idiots!
02-27-2014, 04:39 AM

This question is in violation of the rules, dear.

And though like many atheists, I don't adore Dawkins by any means (we are not monolithic in our views and opinions), I think you'd better read him before you criticize him. That you haven't read him is clear from your "question".

It's generally regarded as rather ignorant to critique books or other material you haven't actually read and studied. That's why I've read the Bible and many other religious writings in depth.