This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
getting more breast milk supply?
02-27-2014, 10:44 AM
getting more breast milk supply?
I am wounder what would increase my milk supply i haven't pumped for almost 3 weeks and want to go back to breastfeed only and not formula I am curious if pumping every three hr would work

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-27-2014, 10:49 AM

Hi Teresa, consuming foods that contain vitamin D will help your breast milk supply to increase. Drinking natural fruit drinks will also increase your breast milk supply, fruit drinks such as 100% orange juice, 100% grape juice, 100% carrot juice, etc. Just avoid drinks that 100% juice because those are not real fruit or vegetables drinks. http://hubpages.com/hub/BreastMilk check out - Ways to Increase your Breast Milk Supply.

Ads

02-27-2014, 10:58 AM

If you have Facebook, I would recommend the group Breastfeeding Mamas. It&#x27;s a private group, and they&#x27;ve helped me a lot. I would say pump every 2 hours, and take fenugreek or blessed thistle. They also have mothers milk tea. And oatmeal is suppose to help too. Instead of giving a paci, I would put baby to breast when baby wants to suck. Babies empty your breast much more than a pump, so be sure to remember that how much your are able to pump is not an accurate way to measure how much your baby is getting. My 4 month old is exclusively breastfed. Hope this works out for you.