This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook? How many friends is normal? Who do you add?
02-27-2014, 09:37 PM
Facebook? How many friends is normal? Who do you add?
I joined Facebook about two months ago and haven't added a photo of myself or anything, so I guess it would make it hard for people to find me, but it seems like no one is trying very hard to find me LOL. As sad as it is I have one friend at the moment!

How many friends does the average Facebook user have? How many do you have? How random are the people you add (are they friends you haven't seen for years, someone you speak to occasionally at work or school, an old lover or a crush from elementary school?) If you have lots of friends does that mean you are like some kind of social god LOL?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-27-2014, 09:43 PM

Several of my friends don't use facebook or anything like that, so I think it depends on how much internet a person or their friends use.

Ads

02-27-2014, 09:59 PM

people havent prob added u cuz they mite not no u have facebook and cuz u hav no photo. u hav as many friends as u want and can add who u want even if u havent seen them in years
hope it helps
02-27-2014, 10:08 PM

It's your social network, add whomever you want. A picture would be helpful though.
02-27-2014, 10:16 PM

I have about 84, most people I actually know and some that I've met through other people...I use it to mainly keep in contact with people I used to go to school with.
02-27-2014, 10:17 PM

I have fifty something friends and half of them are just acquaintances. I would put a picture up there. If someone looked at your page and you had no picture and just one friend, they might get the feeling that you don't use it. There's not really an average amount of friends I guess. Those people with 200+ friends are the people who end up just adding everyone they've come in contact with. Once you start getting friends, facebook has a "people you may know" app and some people could see you on there and add you. Lol, it's a process.
02-27-2014, 10:30 PM

How old are you? Younger people tend to have a lot more friends on facebook because they know a lot more people through school and the younger generation is using facebook and the internet a lot more. People who are older tend to have less friends on facebook, not because they have less friends, but because not all of their friends are using facebook.

If you want more friends, add a picture of yourself and look for people you know. Facebook is all about communication with other people, so don't wait for them to contact or find you, start looking for them and say hi.

Most people I know only add people they know but some people seem to accept anyones friend requests.
02-27-2014, 10:33 PM

yeah its probably the fact that u dont have a pic and your network. i have my high school and college network. i add people i know and talk to occasionaly no strangers. i have like 250ish friends but i graduated with a class of about 600 people and most of them i also went to middle or elementary school with and kept in touch. facebook just makes it easier so i dont have to give everyone my number cuz im not a bit phone talker. i do not add everyone i come in contact with or who wants to add me, but ive had mine like 2 yrs i think, and it is possible to communicate with over 50 people without just adding anyone (however they are not all really friends)
02-27-2014, 10:34 PM

Having a personal picture on sites like Facebook, Myspace, etc is pretty essential, I'd say. I personally hate when people don't include their picture at all or defaut a random pic they got somewhere. I have prob over 200 friends but they are all from high school. I don't ever add anyone I haven't met in person. But it is totally left up to you, because it is your own page after all.
02-27-2014, 10:43 PM

It doesn't matter how much people you have. That is dependent on your popularity and your decision to add strangers or not.

I have close to 100 friends and I know all of them in real. I decline requests from people I don't know and only add people I know for safety reasons.

I have seen amongst my friends ranging from between 40 - 1000 friends depending on their popularity and decision to add randoms.