This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook friend post as spam?
02-28-2014, 02:36 AM
Facebook friend post as spam?
Every once in a while, a friend on Facebook will post me something, but it'll come over as spam. I have to constantly un-mark it, and it doesn't even notify me that the person sent a post.

Oh, and it's not just 'once in a while', sometimes it's for a week straight, with a single friend.

What is dis?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2014, 02:38 AM

It’s possible that your friend unknowingly pasted a malicious script into their address bar. Instead of showing you what it advertises (ex: who viewed your profile/timeline), these scripts create events and pages from your account or send your friends spammy links.

Tell your friend to close their internet window or log out of Facebook to end the attack and secure their account.

If your friend did not paste text into their browser, it's possible that malicious software was downloaded to their computer or that their login information was phished. Tell your friend to visit the Phishing section of our Help Center to secure his or her account.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply