This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why would a girl I dated once 3 years ago request friendship on linked in?
02-28-2014, 03:58 AM
Why would a girl I dated once 3 years ago request friendship on linked in?
This girl and I had emailed for quite a while before we met. I travel for work and I was gone for months. We emailed a bunch, went out once and then never spoke again. I didn't really recognize her, because she got married and I didn't know her last name. I did a quick search and found out who it was and that she got married over the summer.
I was thinking maybe she just had me on email list and requested everyone's friendship. I checked her profile and found she doesn't have many links on the site, but I know she has many friends on facebook. We are not friends on facebook. This seems very wierd to me considering she just got married. Anyone have any idea why she would want contact all of a sudden? Also our fields of work are completely different, so I would do her no good professionally and she would do me no good.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2014, 04:11 AM

This belongs in Friends or F&R - Other...

LinkedIn is a professional networking site...the more people you "link" to, the more contacts you can make and the more networking you can do...being married has no bearing (or shouldn't) as it's not a hook up site...

Apparently wanting to add you so your LinkedIn contacts with be part of her network also...

Ads

02-28-2014, 04:24 AM

She doesn&#x27;t want to look like a LinkedIn loser.
02-28-2014, 04:34 AM

I think your over thinking it Smile adding someone and trying to e-mail eachother late through the night to catch up is totally different things, if i was once friends with you and had no bad feelings toward you i would also add you, why not the past is the past, Good luck and happy holidays Smile
02-28-2014, 04:49 AM

Probably it doesn't mean anything; she needs contacts and she'll send to all her contacts. She is married and it was 3 years ago, probably she doesn't have resentment or animosity towards you, which is a good thing.
02-28-2014, 05:03 AM

Maybe want to know ho things are going with you. In this world not every thing has a purpose.