This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does facebook know I'm gay?
02-28-2014, 10:06 AM
Does facebook know I'm gay?
I be looking at boys profiles on facebook. But i never requested none of them . And my profile says im interested in women. But facebook be suggesting me boys who i have only one mutual friend with. and sometimes it would be a gay boy. Does face book know im gay cuz i be looking at boys pictures.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2014, 10:07 AM

The Facebook knows 'all'

Ads

02-28-2014, 10:15 AM

You can never trust the book of faces.

Has nothing to do with your question: Although, i've noticed alot of out gay people dont have the same sex as their interest on facebook. I dont get it, thats the best way for others to find out, i feel.
02-28-2014, 10:24 AM

If you have interested in men in your profile or gay, then it bases it's suggestions in that fashion. It also goes by your school graduation year and locates people you are going or have went to school with. nifty huh?
02-28-2014, 10:35 AM

i don't think it would actually even know you are that unless you told it so...
02-28-2014, 10:47 AM

fb knows everything!! Smile LOL
02-28-2014, 10:55 AM

Facebook does have an algorithm that recognizes your profile viewing habits, and will tend to suggest profiles based on these habits. The view-tracking is more geared towards showing you targeted advertisements.

Other than that, facebook just randomly recommends people that your friends know. Often times you will get a flood of friend recommendations any time a friend of yours that knows some of the same people other friends do, accepts your friend request.

I don't think facebook actively "knows" that you are gay, but it recognizes surfing habits. If you would like to improve your chances of finding a guy you could date, I would suggest removing your gender preferences. It actually allows you to not add anything and unlike the old days with myspace saying "unspecified", it just doesn't show up if you don't put anything down.

So don't worry. Facebook is not going to go tell your friends and family that you like dudes. I should hope not, because then I would be outed as bi to my entire family...

I hope you find that info useful