This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Will he dump her eventually?
02-28-2014, 10:34 AM
Will he dump her eventually?
Me and my grade school friend caught up on facebook after 15 years. We were only talking for a week. The third day his girlfriend picked up my friend phone when I called and said something passive aggressive. I just ignored it. I was making a new friend in my eyes, but his girlfriend does not want him and I to be friends at all. To be honest, I do not think my guy friend has any friends at all...lol Its like lack of trust there and insecurity. No one is not married. My feelings are hurt because I thought I was gaining a friend. Advice?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2014, 10:36 AM

I can see it from both sides, depending on how much you and him were talking. I would back off a bit and try to be cordial to the girlfriend.

Ads

02-28-2014, 10:40 AM

..sounds like you like him; but he's already with someone and she doesn't appreciate competition. therefore, if i were you, i'd wait for him to make a move ( weight his options ) or move on and remain just friends with him.

good luck.
02-28-2014, 10:45 AM

I would back off! You dont want to be the 'cause' of their fights or stuff like that! If he also wants to be ur friend that bad, he'll settle it himself.
02-28-2014, 10:46 AM

If you are female, then his girlfriend may see you as a threat. So, the best thing to do is to include her in your friendship with him so everything is out in the open. However, if she is really insecure, the poor guy has to deal with that and put up with it. No wonder he has no friends, she scares them all off.

When you write to him, say on Facebook, be sure to acknowledge his girlfriend because you can be sure she reads every word on his page.

Realize that he has to answer to her so, you may have to take a back seat and eventually may need to make a choice to back out of the relationship.
02-28-2014, 11:01 AM

Since they are not married, she doesn't own the man. The next time you get a chance, let him know of this snag that you ran into, and ask him what he suggest's you do about that.