This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is my mate going to get in trouble for making fake facebook profiles?
02-28-2014, 07:04 PM
Is my mate going to get in trouble for making fake facebook profiles?
Okay so me and my friend were on facebook one night and for some bizarre reason we wanted our friends to join. So we rang six of them up and they all answered "no". The next day my friend rang me up saying that she made fake profiles for our friends. I thought that was okay because it was silly fun and they are our friends. Then a couple months later my friend rang me up again and said that she has made about 10 fake profiles on facebook with fake pictures of people we don't know and fake details and names. I am really worried... can she get charged/arrested? What will happen if someone finds out? What is the worst that can happen? Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2014, 07:05 PM

This friend could be sentenced to fake jail.

Ads

02-28-2014, 07:14 PM

Your friend is pretty much a weirdo with to much time on her hands. What is she gonna go into next from this? Yes, advise her to stop, whether she gets in trouble or not, I do not think this is a good thing for her to be doing.
02-28-2014, 07:26 PM

People get sued for this all the time and in some states this is even a crime. It is considered copyright infringement if you post a photo you do not own the rights to. You could also add invasion of privacy, identity theft, fraud and misrepresentation. If you have ever posted anything untrue about the person whose photos you are using, you could add libel and defamation of character charges

This is an incredibly stupid thing to do

This person is suing 4 teens for $50,000 for setting up a fake profile pretending to be her son
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/Aheadof...4Sibr9aPPA

This woman can be jailed for up to 18 months for identity theft after creating a fake profile of her boyfriend
http://news.yahoo.com/judge-case-fake-fa...40104.html