This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My sister betrayed me?
02-28-2014, 08:32 PM
My sister betrayed me?
n Christmas day I found out some things my sister had done. She made up lies about me and was telling these lies to her friends. Also things that I had confided in her, she was discussing with her friends on facebook. It was one of her friends who sent me screenshots of the messages she had been sending him for months. The things she said in these messages are hurting me so bad. I thought we were close, she was smiling to my face every day but slandering me to others. When I confronted her about it, she refused to address the lies she told and instead, she got mad at me for "ruining her christmas". Then she tried to blame the guy who told me, saying I should be mad at him for causing an argument between us. She never apologized. The day after, she sent me a message telling me "sh*t happens." I guess that was her apology. She then deleted me off facebook and blocked me like I was the one who did something wrong. I am hurting so much right now and I need some advice. Should I try to patch our relationship or just walk away? This is not the first time she has done this to me.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2014, 08:34 PM

I would honestly just stop talking to her for a while. Until she gets her priorities straight. But try not to hold a grudge against her. You wouldn't want to stoop to her level.

Ads

02-28-2014, 08:38 PM

She's your sister. So you will have to forgive her eventually. Stop telling her your secrets and you wouldn't have this problem.
02-28-2014, 08:49 PM

First off, wrong section.
Second, your sister is making up lies about you, slandering you, and making you look bad in front of others.
I don't know why, but I do know one thing: there is no relationship to patch up.
All you can do is move on with your life.
Find your own way, study hard, get a job (or focus on your current job) and talk to your sister like you would talk to an acquaintance.
If your parents ask what's going on, tell them to ask your sister since she's the one making you look bad.

Good luck.
02-28-2014, 08:58 PM

There's nothing you can do now about her blabbering her mouth about your personal life with others but what you can do now is stop talking to her about pretty much anything. The only time you should speak to her is when it is absolutely necessary and move on. She doesn't regret what she's done so there is no point in talking to her much anymore, she will just do it again and again.
02-28-2014, 09:03 PM

Try again. If she does it again, walk away. She'll see her mistakes hopefully.
02-28-2014, 09:15 PM

My suggestion is to cut her out of your life. Forget about her. Don't talk to her, don't even look at her if you can help it. Maybe she'll get the message eventually. In any case, you should just pretend she doesn't exist.
02-28-2014, 09:25 PM

WOW...sorry this happened but this type of stuff happens in other families..I've worked with siblings who have slept with each other's spouse...become pregnant by an in-law..and yes, even murdered...so you need to do what will make you feel better and heal...just b/c she is your sister does not give her carte blanche to slander and hurt you...forgive me for saying this but she sounds a bit of a sociopath and will do anything to attain her ends...it would appear that some folks wanted to hear negatives about you..so she pandered to that group...also I can see some jealousy or resentment aimed toward you...analyze where all this feeling is originating and that knowledge should help somewhat in the healing..so we all know that past behaviour is a strong predictor of future behaviour...she has done this before and unless she demonstrates a willingness to change, she will do it again...I know it hurts to walk away from loves ones but if a loved one attempted to physically hurt you wouldn't you defend yourself? I don't see any difference in a psychological attack...she may need to be held a arm's length and you choose a 'sister by choice'...a good friend.
02-28-2014, 09:33 PM

Your sister will always be your sister.But this Taylor's dummy of a guy should have shut up about what he had been told in confidence.
Your need guys like that like a hole in the head.

Equipped with an apology from your sister, your must now
forgive and let her off with a warning. She hasn't done it seven
times seven has she?