This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook privacy question?
02-28-2014, 08:52 PM
Facebook privacy question?
Is there a way to prevent certain friends from seeing your status updates? I went into privacy settings and changed the settings for 'my posts' but it blocked them from seeing my entire wall. And my current status was still up top! I just want to block my status'.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2014, 09:04 PM

You are able to customize which friends and Friend Lists are (or are not) allowed to view your content. To use these options, select the "Privacy Settings" option from the "Account" drop-down menu at the top of any Facebook page.

The Limited Profile functionality is a type of Friend List. You can limit the privacy settings for any friend list you create. If you had people on your Limited Profile, they have been moved to a new friend list called "Limited Profile," and this friend list has been added to the appropriate places on your privacy settings. For example, if you hid your Wall Posts in your Limited Profile, the new Limited Profile friend list has been placed under the "Except These People" setting for Wall Posts.

To add someone to your Limited Profile list, follow the steps below:
Go to the Friends page.
Click on the "Limited Profile" Friend List in the left sidebar. If you do not see a "Limited Profile" friend list in this section, you can create one by clicking the "Make a New List" button and then naming the list.
Click "Edit List."
Type your friend’s name into the "Add to List" field. You must be friends with a person to add him or her to the Limited Profile list.
To prevent users on this list from seeing certain content, please follow the steps below:
Click the "Privacy Settings" option in the Account drop-down menu at the top of any Facebook page.
Go to the Profile Information section.
Select any Profile privacy setting and click "Customize."
Enter the name of your limited profile friend list in the "Hide this from these people" section to restrict these users from viewing the profile content you selected.

Ads

02-28-2014, 09:11 PM

yes there is an option privacy control where u can change the privacy options
it is there in the drop down menu from where u log out
go there and click costumized setting and select there u can enter which frnds sholud preview the status