This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I change the privacy settings for my mobile posts on facebook?
03-01-2014, 04:23 AM
How do I change the privacy settings for my mobile posts on facebook?
Okay, so a long time ago I set my privacy settings on facebook to "custom," to hide it from a few people. This went for all my posts - stuff I posted from the computer and stuff I posted from my phone. Eventually I wanted this to stop so I went back onto my privacy settings and set them back to just "friends," not custom - so all my friends could see my posts.

Here's the problem. Everything I post from my phone still has the custom settings and still hides my posts from these individuals. These means my pics, statuses, etc... no matter WHAT I DO, everything I post from my phone has this setting. I have reset my mobile number for Facebook in the hopes that it would forget about the privacy setting, but nope, as soon as I reactivated the number, it went back to posting everything in these settings. I DO NOT HAVE A SMART PHONE (it's a pantech link 2) SO IT IS NOT POSSIBLE FOR ME TO SET THE PRIVACY SETTING BEFORE I MAKE THE POST. My phone doesn't let me do it, period. I can't get a new phone, or a new number, but I still don't think that would fix it considering Facebook now insists that all my mobile posts be in THAT SETTING, no matter what I do. It's obvious that this is just a glitch that Facebook has made impossible to fix.

Does anyone know what I should do about this? It's irritating as hell. I have sent a help message to Facebook and they never fixed it and never replied to me about it.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2014, 04:32 AM

Are you using and mobile app or just browsing throught m.facebook.com?

One more important thing, Instead of such lengthy details, please provide us short description of your questions, so that for community members it will be easy and fast to answer.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply