This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
limited profile on facebook?!?
03-01-2014, 06:56 AM
limited profile on facebook?!?
a friend of a friend added me on facebook last night and when i went on his profile it was fine, but today when i click on him it goes to the 'info' tab and when i click the 'wall' one it just says there is no recent posts. has he blocked me from seeing it for some reason or something? how do you even get a limited profile with the new facebook, ive searched and all the things ive found are old articles, the option doesnt seem to be there anymore!
we're still friends on it, cos it shows up on my other friends that he is a mutual friend, and also when i click in the search bar and enter the first few letters his name comes up. i tried the link but it only lets you restrict it to friends/friends of freinds/everyone, but we are still friends and i still dont see it!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2014, 07:11 AM

Hmmm. Are you two still friends? Is he still on your friends list? Usually when someone's profile first goes to the "Info" tab, it means you're looking at a profile of someone who isn't your friend yet -- but you have access to their profile because you're in the same Network or they have some sort of public profile.

If his Wall says there are no recent posts, he possibly also could have limited access to his Wall to "Friends Only" or if he's still on your friends list, he did put you on a Limited Profile. Limiting access is easy, but seems complicated at first. You can limit all settings. To start off, there's Profile Privacy Settings:
http://www.facebook.com/privacy/?view=profile

Then there's Application Privacy Settings:
http://www.facebook.com/editapps.php

Choose "Customize" in the drop-down menus and you can limit access to specific people or friend Lists.

Ads

03-01-2014, 07:22 AM

On facebook, you can specify to only have certain people see your wall/ friends list/ info/ etc. Because you are one of his newer friends, he'd have to add you to the list of specifics who could see his wall before you actually can.

Or, maybe he's just on of those people who deletes all of his wall posts after he no longer needs them. I highly doubt he blocked you specifically or anything, though.