This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
should my daughter get a facebook?
03-01-2014, 06:21 PM
should my daughter get a facebook?
My daughter is almost 11 and she really wants a facebook page. should i let her do it. All her friends are doing it. plz help
she is vey mature and responsible!!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2014, 06:36 PM

No, it'll corrupt her, occupy all her time and it will be hard to see if she is using it properly. Wait until she is 16.

Ads

03-01-2014, 06:50 PM

yes, if you are really worried you should make her add you as a friend.
03-01-2014, 07:01 PM

I think if you are okay with it then yes. As long as you have her password and check it every now and then. Let her know thats the only way she can have it.
03-01-2014, 07:09 PM

That is a tough call. Technically, you must be 13yo by their Terms of Service. However, they are not monitoring that nearly as well as they could as probably 90% of those under 12 get away with it.

- It is the thing of Today! If she is not using it, she will be missing out tremendously. Not just on a social level with her peers, but also on the experience of getting to know social platforms. Who knows, she may be the next big Facebook corporate owner and paying for your comfortable retirement too Wink

- it can be dangerous if left unmonitored by parents so I would say as long as you stay engaged and learn what she is doing and keep her safe from clicking "wrong things" then it is a great idea!

I say yes, allow her to grow with those around her.

Just stay with her on it for her safety, no biggie.
03-01-2014, 07:14 PM

I would wait later but if you do make sure you have the password and are able to access it anytime to see what she is posting, id make her info and page not visible to anyone outside her friends. Also limit the time she is on the computer so she doesnt waste all her time on there being unproductive.

But for 11 i would say wait cause its not like she is gonna diee without one. oh and once youve made your decision, stand by it.
03-01-2014, 07:27 PM

Preteens is the reason facebook is not cool anymore.Why preteens have to destroy every great idea?
03-01-2014, 07:43 PM

as my mom would say. i dont care if your friends r doing it your not smoking pot. but thats a diffrent story but the morals are the same. why should you care if her friends do it? shes not one of them. and the age i think is 13 so she should wait till shes 13 and pluss there are online preditors and its easyer to bully someone or be bullied. social networking sights are very dangerous if not used correctly. i was made wait till i was 15. iv had a 14 year old friend get raped cas she got to close to someone she never met before on facebook.

in other words. no i think you should make her wait till she is more mature mentally.
03-01-2014, 07:55 PM

facebook is a massive waste of time
03-01-2014, 07:58 PM

according to the facebook terms of service, a user has to be at least 13 years old, and in fact that is also the law