This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question about lord of the rings.?
10-15-2012, 07:43 PM
Question about lord of the rings.?
I have watched the lord of the rings a thousand time. but one thing i dont understand.. in the two towers when gandalf and crew confronts saruman after he is defeated by the treebeards.. saruman says "there is something festus that lies in the middle earth. something that you have failed to notice gandalf but the great eye sees it all, even now he presses his advantage" what does he mean? does he mean the crusaders and other soldiers sauron is gathering?
and also i have created a facebook page. any tips on how to run this page will be appreciated.. please give it a look and like it.
http://www.facebook.com/fansLOtR?ref=hl
i mean to say the corsairs.. not the crusaders.. Big Grin

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 07:51 PM

Saruman's ending in the actual book is so much more fulfilling, on Frodo's doorstep stabbed by Wormtongue......<sigh>
But in the film which I don't have time to watch the scene and correct whatever "festus" is....Saruman is talking about the Palantirs and how the "Great Eye" sees all....but through those Palantirs, if Sauron is at the other end, he steers it to show you what HE wants you to see....and then acts on that and everything He actually garners from gazing into the one stone he has. He was getting all the people in his sway to gather together and then march on Gondor (including the Corsairs of Umbar)
There's way more to know about the "seeing stones" in the book(s).....

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply