This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do you think of this new website www.rdsug.com?
03-01-2014, 10:51 PM
What do you think of this new website www.rdsug.com?
This new website http://www.rdsug.com looks quite simple but its author thinks that one day it will become the 'facebook' of business and the 'twitter' of opportunities. Check it up and say what you think about it.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2014, 10:58 PM

I donot think so..

Ads

03-01-2014, 11:00 PM

I have tried it out, and I have admired it. First the negatives: It does not look as serious as it actually is. Maybe its appearance has been over-simplified, so much that most people who are used to flashy websites and have not tested its power would just pass by it. There will definitely be a need for an Advance Search engine as the website grows. Perhaps that is what the author has in mind for the Explore menu which still looks too plain. The Shows pages are great, but they need a bit of life and legends /explanations. Other possible enhancements include SMS relays, voice chats, hot lines for telephone inquiries, and links to global social media websites to accelerate its adoption.

Now the positives: It is a very great concept. I wonder why no one has ever thought about it before. The social media websites that we have around do not have the potential to generate as much business as this highly focused but comprehensive website. Other B2B websites I have visited are too commercial and look too complicated. All the menus on the http://www.rdsug.com website are flat, which makes it very easy to navigate without going through nested pages. I wonder how he made up that special Search engine. It resembles Google but is so focused and seems to work as a cool substitute for Advanced Search. The theme of 'Find Business Partners Worldwide' is clear and consistently followed. But what is more amazing is the very wide range of activities that are condensed in this very simple looking website. Charities, Agriculture, Trade, Tenders, Jobs, Grants, Securities, Sports, Arts, Fisheries, and much more, all seem to be comfortably accommodated. Above all, most of it seems to be free of charge. What a generous soul that its author must be! Behind all this is a "Due Diligence Rating" system that can helps sort out risks among strangers that want to do business together. This must be the work of a real genius! Come on, let the world join in and encourage this very brave effort. You can't tell, but I have a feeling that it might grow into the 'facebook' of business and the 'twitter' of opportunities as its author allegedly foresees.....

Tom Spencer
Marketing Software Analyst
Studywiseup Group - Arkansas