This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are These Strange Facebook Notifications?
03-02-2014, 02:31 AM
What are These Strange Facebook Notifications?
I have the Droid M Razor with Verizon and once every two or three days, I get a notification from facebook.

It'll state something like: "Tom Jones (Friends with Fred Smith)...". I can't see what the entire notification is because there are only a certain amount of characters allowed on the notification screen. But always, it is a friend of a friend, but never someone I know directly and am friends with on Facebook.

When I click on the notification it will take me to the Facebook app and an error notification will pop up, reading something like: "This page cannot be accessed. This may be due to a broken link, a removed link, etc." Basically, the error message is saying that I can't access the notification because the root of it is not found.

I always look at the person's page that had caused the notification to come up and they do exist. My assumption is that they look at my profile, and I am getting some sort of secret notification of it, but when I try to access it, Facebook realizes that I shouldn't be able to see that information.

Any ideas? It's not so much creepy or inconvenient as interesting; I'd just like to know why. If it happens again, I'll link to a screenshot of notification and error message. Thanks!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2014, 02:35 AM

Your settings are set to notify you when someone comments or 'likes" a post that you commented or "liked".
You will continue to get notified when 'Jim Bob Smith (who you never heard of before) liked your cousin Angela's post'
You might want to tighten up your settings so you don't get every notification for everything.
As for the busted link...I don't know, sorry.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply