This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What does it takes to pass a k pop audition?
03-02-2014, 11:36 AM
What does it takes to pass a k pop audition?
hi there... i'm really into kpop since i was 15 but lately, i was inspired by EXO. They got the cute looks, cool dance moves and good voices. N i really want to get into an audition in SM or maybe LOEN or i dunno, YG?? JYP?? so below is my profile..

Weight: 100 pounds ( really skinny, i know but i believe i can go to gym and play )

Height: 5 feet 6 inches ( can i get taller?? )

Voice: not the high note type but i can rap well.

Dance: well, a little wave, robot and popping, i can.. but i'm eager to learn. ^_^

Age: 19 ( born in October 1994, am i too old for the audition??)

Other abilities: Can act quite well, have no stage fear since i have been participating in school concerts since i'm a kid. Can speak English fluently ( well, u can see loads of grammar mistakes here cux i'm weak in grammar tho ). A little Korean ( thanks to the songs n k-dramas n running man)

Appearance: I believe I'm cute... well who doesn't?? but um my teethes aren't like the idols.. u know.. cux i played with my tongue when i was a kid.. poking those teethes.. Tongue

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/h...5954_n.jpg

So yeh.. here are my questions...

1)which company should I try to get in to??

2)Before entering the audition, can i choose my performance, like if i want to sing, i'll sing.. dance then, i'll dance.. or do i have to do as they told??

3)what kind of questions are often asked during the audition??

4)do i have a chance to pass the audition?? if not, may i know the reason?

5)If i pass the audition, do i have to move to Korea?? will they pay for everything or my parents will have to send me money??

6)I've already passed the IGCSE 'O' Level but now resting for a while and been thinking of going to collage like next year. So if i pass the audition, do i have to attend collage there?? will the company pay for it??

7)How long will i have to wait to debut or will i ever?? I'm really willing to try to matter how hard because I'm really passionate about kpop.

8)By any chance, if i get debut, then will they fix my teeth and?? Tongue if not then, i might have to do it now.. xD

9) And almost forgot.. i have to wear glasses.. but i wear contact lens too.. is that an obstacle??

Any other suggestion?? ^_^
Feel free to contact me via Facebook!!! I'm happy to make new friends!! ^_^ https://www.facebook.com/eclipxion.valentine
Thanks a lot, guys!!
P.S. - It's ok to be honest... since i want to know my weaknesses..

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2014, 11:37 AM

They don't look for talent. They look for vanity...most of them are required to have plastic surgery and will give you a full set of veneers for teeth. These Korean kids are rigorously trained for hours everyday. They don't have much freedom outside of work and have to follow everything they are told to do on and off stage. I don't think you fully understand how harsh they are on these groups Kpop artists. You will have to live where they say so. If you're skeptical about what I'm saying, look it up online. I'm Korean and this is what my mom told me. I didn't believe her so she had me sit and watch with her a Korean reality show about this topic. These kids have no regular lives and end up with nothing after being told they're no longer needed because they've gotten older.

Ads

03-02-2014, 11:49 AM

This is just my random opinion from a kpop fans view okay.It's good that you have the passion but you have to be strong if you really want to pursue your dream.The three major company like SM, YG & JYP wont be easy for you even during audition.I heard Himchan doesnt get accepted by Jyp before he enter TS (If I'm not mistaken).But if you are good looking, they will cast you immediately.Instead of choosing, I think you need to perform all.Dancing, singing & variety ability.They want to know how far you can go.Try to search TVXQ & SUJU audition.& of course there'll be question.and yeah, you need to leave your country & stay in Korea for many years.I dont think they give any allowance though cuz usually idol will said, 'This hyung treat me a lot during trainee days', etc.. They wont tell you when will you debut, only when the times come you will know (1yr-7yr?).No matter how perfect an idol is, there'll always a little bit 'touch-up' so no worries for your teeth.I also remembered Kai mentioned before that the moment he wakes up, he needs to put his lens (tell me if I'm wrong).. Btw, the choice is still yours.whether you want to challenge it or not.Continue your study could be another option too. Anyway, good luck!
03-02-2014, 12:02 PM

1) Pick whichever companies you like the most
2) When I auditioned for SM you had to pick one and only do that one. Not to things at the same time.
3) You're not asked questions
4) Maybe not because of your height and weight, but NEVER GIVE UP!
5) You will have to move to Korea. The company pays for everything, and when you debut a portion of your pay check goes to the company to pay back what they spent on you.
6) You don't have to go to college in Korea. U-Kiss' AJ goes to college in New York. You're debut could be delayed though because you'll be gone for months at a time.
7) Back in the day (the late 1990's-2010) the average trainee period was 3-7 years, but now it's 2-4 years. Most companies have monthly evaluations, and if you show no signs of improvement then you'll be dropped.
8) There are rumors that labels force artists to get plastic surgery, so maybe?? http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2013/08/...rgery.html
9) No way. SHINee's Taemin, and SNSD's Taeyeon also wear glasses. You don't need to see to sing