This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
i dont care about what everyone is talking about and the media. what do i do?
03-02-2014, 02:54 PM
i dont care about what everyone is talking about and the media. what do i do?
im 14 and these kids in my school and on the bus are always talking to me about the latest iphone, jersey shore, pop music, twitter, football games, dubstep, lil waynes music etc. i hear all this fake bullshit and i really dont care anymore to me and it sucks because im socially awkward because i have nothing to talk to these people about because of the music i like(old school hip hop) the sports i like and play(lacrosse, swimming) and someone told me apparently i dont have enough swag and its this big rumor going around school..... meanwhile i could seriously not give a flying piece of poop because i hate everyone in my grade. sorry this is so long and im not trying to be hipster and stuff but what im asking is what to do?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2014, 03:01 PM

Continue to ignore them.

Ads

03-02-2014, 03:15 PM

Just keep ignoring them. Smile It's cool that you're not a swagfag. Tongue Lol.
03-02-2014, 03:29 PM

I cannot stand it when so much of the population in the world today are heavily influenced by the media. Nobody should tell someone how to dress, how to act, whats stylish and whats out of fashion, etc. It's basically telling people how they should live their lives. I admire anyone when they are true to themselves. I suggest that you ignore those people and continue to do what you enjoy doing best. Be an indivual, don't follow the crowd.
03-02-2014, 03:41 PM

It is ok to like different stuff but hating everyone is not good for you. Try to see the good in the people around you. You don't have to lie or be fake but be open to other things. A small interest in football will probably help to smooth the social wheels, even if you feel lacrosse is much cooler. Things will be easier at high school, probably. 14 is tough for everyone.