This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Any Doctor Who fans on here?
03-02-2014, 07:55 PM
Any Doctor Who fans on here?
I'm a Whovian myself and I was just wondering about others here in Yahoo Answers. Doctor Who isn't very popular in my country, therefore I have no real-life Whovian friends (I'm trying to convert my best friend, but she hasn't got much patience with TV shows, but I'll keep at it!), that's why I decided to ask around here.

Anyway, I have a few questions I'm curious to know the answers to coming from other fans. (Sorry if they're quite a bit, it's sad being a Whovian in a non-Whovian country)

1) Which one is your favorite Doctor? And also why?
2) Do you have any favorite companion/s? Any particular reason why you like him/her/them?
3) Any favorite villains as well? What did you like about that villain?
4) When did you start becoming a Whovian and how did you start getting into it?
5) Have you seen the Christmas episode just recently? What did you think of it?

Thanks and looking forward to reading other fellow Whovians' opinions! Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2014, 08:02 PM

Nope.

Ads

03-02-2014, 08:07 PM

There are lots of people on here that watch Dr. Who! The show is popular worldwide!

1) Matt Smith (11), though most people prefer David Tennant (10)

2) Donna Noble. Because she's hilarious and is really headstrong but is actually very caring and she just doesn't get enough credit!

3) Hmm... This is harder... I can't really think of one. Maybe the master, just because he was pure evil, without mercy or a sob story behind him or anything. He wanted everything, and stopped at nothing to get it.

4) I had just finished Merlin, and I missed it a lot. I found out that the lead actor, Colin Morgan, also did an episode in DW, so I wanted to see it. The episode was Midnight, and because it was so good I just watched a couple more episodes and really got into it

5) I HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET (which is killing me) but the general consensus is: WE MISS MATT SMITH but capaldi had a really funny entrance and we love him already

If you really want to find more whovians make a Tumblr. There are so many whovians from across the world on that site. Be warned: it's addicting!
03-02-2014, 08:24 PM

If you want to chat with other Whovians try setting up a fan account on Twitter. There are millions of fans out there globally.
03-02-2014, 08:31 PM

1) Tom Baker-so awesome, funny, eccentric, clever and total legend

2) Jo Grant and Lalla Ward's Romana, beautiful but strong, good role model

3) The Master (Roger Delgado, tho Simm was ok) scary,evil and as clever as The Doctor

4) 8 years ago i watched Tom Baker's 1975 epic 6 part Genesis Of The Daleks, it was great and still is

5) Yeah was good to see Smith go, hate him
03-02-2014, 08:34 PM

1. Tennant- he was my first Doctor and I like his personality he is hilarious, fun, and spontaneous (much like other doctors)
2. Rose and Clara- I am a new series fan and haven't watched much of the classic so I like Rose because he really fell in love with her and she made him really happy and Clara because she helped him get over the deaths of Amy and Rory and she really helped me like Matt because I wasn't a Amy and Rory fan so I never really liked him until Clara.
3. Daleks are always fun because they are a classic villain as well and have lots of history with the doctor
Cybermen because the can upgrade and they also have history with the doctor
Weeping Angels because the story line was brilliant "Don't blink Blink and you Die" I loved it
Vashta Nerada only appeared in 2 episodes but they scared the crap out of me
4. 2 years ago my sister told me about it and I watched it on Netflix (but I am extremely obsessed and have even started the classic series after watching the new one at least 3 times over, literally.)
5. Yes, I liked it I thought it was a ice send of to Matt and he even got to say goodbye to Amy I may not like her but she was such a big part of his storyline I thought it was nice for him