This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help with an older guy? General questions, help?
03-03-2014, 05:48 AM
Help with an older guy? General questions, help?
I always noticed a certain boy in year 11 watch me walk across the school football pitches to wear my year group hangs out. He started talking to my friend, asking about me. After talking to her for a few minutes he started talking to me over face book. As it was the holidays and I was staying at my Nan's, we didn't meet in person for at least a week, two weeks? We went back to school on Monday and his mates and him started playing footie right next to wear we hang out instead of there usual place and he kept his eyes on me a lot. Then yesterday as I was standing on the field he walked right up to me and asked if we wanted to go somewhere more quiet. We just walked and talked really but there were a coupe of awkward pauses and the conversation was mostly about other people. I'm to scared to approach him with all his mates... Sad but I don't want him to have to all the time? Also how to make it less awkward and let the convo flow? Cheers xx

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2014, 05:52 AM

There's nothing to fear with his friends, just ask him if you could talk to him alone or catch him when he's alone. Also, just let him talk, and be a good listener I guess. Good luck.

Ads

03-03-2014, 05:54 AM

It is normal to have awkward silences in the beginning. You both are nervous, want to make a good impression, and really don't know each other too well. These things can inhibit the flow of the conversation. As you get to know each other better you will relax and find it easier to come up with things to talk about. However, after several months of talking if you are still having awkward silences it might be a sign that you are not that compatible! Try making a list of things to talk about before you see him - weather, school, mutual friends, hobbies, family, pets, life goals, childhood memories, favorite TV shows, movies, music, etc.

Since you talk to him over Facebook, why not arrange a time to get together and talk that way. You can make the approach and not have to do so in front of his friends.

Good luck!