This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What happened at the end of Taylor Swift's CMA performance...?
03-03-2014, 09:49 AM
What happened at the end of Taylor Swift's CMA performance...?
Like at the very end after she finished sinnging Back To December- which was amazing, and she looked beautiful by the way- it zoomed on this guy and then it went back to her and she was like "What?" And she looked.... shocked? And kind of angry... and upset?
It's really bugging me! Anyone else know?
http://www.twirlit.com/2010/11/10/taylor...t-the-end/
<-------------------- theres the video

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2014, 09:57 AM

kanye west's head exploded

Ads

03-03-2014, 10:03 AM

I was wondering the same thing. So, I've done a little searching and I figured it'd be pretty hard to find something so quickly after the performance. I've seen two different answers to our question.
A.-- People were "booing" when she got the standing ovation.
B.-- She was shocked when she saw everyone giving her the standing ovation. At least, that's what one of her band mates posted on their twitter.

I really don't believe it's either of those. I personally think someone told her something over the earpiece or she saw someone in the audience. But we probably won't ever know! =]
03-03-2014, 10:10 AM

I personally think that it was hard to tell exactly WHEN her song was over. It kind of sounded like it had an open ending to it. Usually artists hit a high note vocally or they end with a big bang with their instrument to let the audience know they're finished with their song. Her song didn't have that! I think that the audience had a little bit of a delayed reaction to clap for her because of this and I think she took it the wrong way and thought that the audience didn't like it!
03-03-2014, 10:13 AM

I think it's something to do with the fact that she isn't really playing piano. The little piano "solo" if you will at the end is an octave or two higher than where her hands are placed on the piano at that point. Maybe someone caught on or she was mad because the camera wasn't supposed to be showing her playing at that angle?
She looks a little irritated so I doubt it is her reacting to a standing ovation.
03-03-2014, 10:16 AM

Maybe she was shocked because she just figured out that SHE CAN'T SING!! OMG Yes, she can write songs but, she needs to leave the singing to someone else. It is absolutely mind boggling that people think she's so great. What are they hearing that me and thousands of other non fans can't?
03-03-2014, 10:32 AM

I was reading on another board where someone claimed to have been in the audience and that a steaker tried to run up on the stage. If you watch the video when she looks surprised and says "what", you can see just the heads of the audience, but can clearly see that all heads turn and look in the same direction that she did. There appears to have been something going on in the audience from the reaction of the other people. It definately wasn't a reaction to the standing ovation or lack there of, because she was definately surprised and confused, and she's too classy to act like that for not receiving one. Miranda Lambert is thought to have referenced it (a streaker) with her following statement saying "now we all need to go to church" or something like that. I think that makes the most sense and would definately explain the shocked look on her face, as well as explain the curtain lowering so quickly when it didn't do that for any other performer.
03-03-2014, 10:38 AM

I think she looked shocked because of all the snow that was coming down on the audience. She was probably only expecting it on her stage and not the whole place. I noticed it coming down over Blake and when Kerry Underwood talked.
03-03-2014, 10:45 AM

I think someone said something negative about it in her earpiece or she saw someone booing.

I write more about it (as well as her dress) on my blog at http://fashiontoforward.tumblr.com/